Vehicle Design and Maintenance
When you buy a car you expect that dealerships in Hollywood or your community are selling you a safe product. Since car manufacturers are such large companies, they of course have the research and testing departments to put their products through rigorous checks and tests. Despite this, unsafe cars are allows on our roads every day. In some cases, these vehicles are defectively designed. In other cases, motorists are negligent in maintaining their vehicles and this can lead to mechanical failure, no matter how sturdy the car’s design.
If you or a loved one were injured in a collision involving a car that had poor design or was poorly maintained, this tragic situation requires professional legal guidance and advice. If you are looking for legal representation or advice, contact Flaxman Law Group now. Our attorneys have more than six decades of experience protecting the rights of plaintiffs.Poor Maintenance and Car Design
There are many instances of poor vehicles design, including:
- Brake malfunction
- Defective locks or child safety locks
- Seat back failure
- Poorly designed seats that break in a collision
- Roof collapse
- Tire tread failure or tire blowouts caused by faulty tires
- Fuel system leakage
- Melting dashboards
- Poorly designed dashboards that cause glare and distraction
- High center of gravity that leads to rollovers
- Malfunctioning seat belts or air bags
There are also many examples of poor car maintenance, including:
- Infrequent oil changes
- Incorrect tires for the weather
- Bald or worn tires that increase the risk of a tire blowout
- Poorly aligned tires
- Worn brake pads that have not been replaced
- Broken safety systems that have not been repaired
Both poor maintenance and design can lead to mechanical failure, highway crashes, and serious collisions. When buying a car, it is important to consider the design features and to keep up-to-date about any recalls. No matter what type of car you buy, be sure to follow maintenance recommendations to keep the car in good condition.Who is Liable in Car Defect or Inadequate Maintenance Cases?
In a car accident caused by mechanical failure, there may be multiple liable parties, including:
- The car company that designed or manufactured a defective car
- The company responsible for designing or manufacturing a specific faulty car part
- The motorist who failed to maintain the car properly
- The company that owned a poor maintained car
- The mechanic or company responsible for the car maintenance
In some cases, there may even be multiple liable parties in your case. To explore all the causes of your car collision and to hold all responsible parties accountable, you will want to consult with a personal injury attorney to explore all your options and to launch an investigation into the crash that caused your injuries.
If you or someone you love has been injured due to a negligent driver or car manufacturer, contact Flaxman Law Group today. Our team of attorneys includes Charles Flaxman, who has more than 25 years of experience as a trial attorney as well as ten years of experience in the insurance industry. His experience means that he understands the laws and tactics that insurance companies use when trying to diminish or refute claims and he acts as an advocate for those who have been injured. Together, the attorneys at Flaxman Law Group have more than sixty years of experience and are supported by paralegals, investigators, and other professionals to build strong cases. The services at Flaxman Law group are offered on a contingency basis and our law firm offers free, no obligation initial consultations, so do not hesitate to contact us right now if you have been injured.