The American Burn Association reports that 1.1 million burn injuries require medical attention in the US each year. A burn causes tissue damage when heat or chemicals come in contact with the skin. Burn injuries can cause not only skin damage, but can also cause serious damage to muscles, nerve endings, and other tissues under the skin. This sort of serious injury can cause mobility problems.
There are many causes for burn injuries:
- Building Fires
- Defective Candles, Heaters, and Fireplaces
- Lighters & Matches
- Automobile Accidents
- Flammable Liquid Fuel Explosions
- Scalding Water
- Electrical Accidents
- Industrial Accidents
- Gasoline Spills
No matter what a burn injury is caused by, though, this sort of personal injury can cause serious pain and suffering. Burn victims may suffer serious trauma and psychological pain. They may dread leaving the house or resuming normal social and work duties. Tissue pain resulting from burns can plague victims for months, and even years. Lengthy rehabilitation may be needed to regain lost mobility. Unfortunately, burn victims often face an uphill battle when seeking assistance. Many insurance companies view reconstruction treatments as purely cosmetic and may offer little or no assistance for this sort of surgery, even though it may be needed for victims to recover physically and emotionally from their injuries.
For these reasons, it is imperative that you contact qualified Florida attorneys — such as those at The Law Offices of Flaxman Law Group. Qualified Florida attorneys can help you get your fair share of help from insurance companies and from anyone whose negligence caused your injuries. This can give you the resources you need to get quality help. With Flaxman Law Group on your side, you may be able to get targeted, specialized help. As soon as you suffer burn injuries, be sure to get help from experienced Florida attorneys — the sooner you get excellent care, the more likely you are to recover well. With our assistance, you can have the resources necessary to pay for lost income and the quality treatment you deserve.
If you or a loved one has experienced a burn injury, use our website to contact us or call 1-866-352-9626 (1-866-FLAXMAN) to set up a FREE consultation to discuss your legal options. The consultation puts you under no obligation and we can meet you wherever is most convenient for you - at your home, hospital room, or office.
- Dealing with Burn Injuries in Hollywood and Other Florida Cities Burn injuries are among the most painful and difficult injuries to recover from. Many people think that burns are relatively minor. However, serious ....
- Prevent Burn Injuries in Miami – and Other Injuries – This Fourth of July Eye injuries and burn injuries in Miami and other communities are a cause for concern among medical professionals and local emergency rooms at this ....
- Avoiding a Deerfield Beach Burn Injury This Fall and Winter Fall and winter can mean an increased risk of fires and burns, especially with holiday decorations and heating during winter nights. Burns are a ....
- Recovering from a Devastating Hialeah Burn Injuries Burn injuries are among the most devastating injuries to sustain. In many cases, they are not only painful but can also affect mobility, and, in many ....
- USFA Tips Could Prevent Difficult Miami Beach Burn Injuries According to the US Fire Administration (USFA) each year across the country children set fires that cause 1000 burn injuries, hundreds of millions of ....