Use of Surgical Instruments Which Have Not Been Properly Sterilized
A sterile environment during surgery is essential to help prevent infections and other serious complications after surgery. Most hospitals have strict policies to ensure that patients are safe in the operating room, where they are most vulnerable. However, medical negligence in Miami and across South Florida does occur and every year claims the lives of thousands of patients.
If you have suffered an infection after surgery or if a surgical instrument has been left inside your body, it is important to consult with a personal injury attorney in Miami or your South Florida community. In many cases, these types of injuries are caused by poor sanitation practices and can be a sign of medical negligence. If you would like legal advice about your situation, or would like to discuss your situation with a legal professional, contact the Flaxman Law Group legal team for a free case evaluation. Your initial consultation is free and comes with no obligation but gives you a chance to discuss your options and your rights.Poor Sanitation and Surgical Errors in Miami and South Florida
Poor sanitation practices in the operating room can include:
- Not properly sanitizing instruments before and during surgery
- Incorrect use of scrubs and other medical gear
- Not performing correct scrub up before surgery
- Not having a system for keeping track of sponges, dressings, and medical instruments during surgery, increasing the risk of leaving instruments inside the patient after surgery
- Reusing sponges, dressings, and other devices that should only be used once
- Not performing correct sanitization of the affected area before surgery
- Not performing correct cleanup after surgery
- Poor hospital policies that do not outline each medical staff member’s responsibility for sanitization and cleanup
When poor sanitization is an issue in the operating room, patients often suffer. However, it can be challenging for patients to get the justice and the compensation that they deserve. In many cases, hospitals and surgeons are protected by powerful insurance companies and teams of defense attorneys. Hospital records and evidence can go missing. It is important to speak with an experienced medical malpractice attorney in Miami or your community in order to safeguard your rights. A good attorney can offer you legal advice, can review your case, can secure documentation on your behalf, and can find expert witnesses that can help you build a strong case. A good attorney can take care of all the details of your case so that you can focus on healing.
The Flaxman Law Group legal team is a full-service law firm with extensive resources to help clients succeed in their quest for justice. The Flaxman Law Group legal team has already recovered more than $25 million dollars on behalf of personal injury victims across South Florida. With an extensive network of expert witnesses, investigators, and other professionals, the Flaxman Law Group legal team has the resources that can be put to work for you. To find out more, contact the Flaxman Law Group today for a free case evaluation.