Transportation Accidents Are Common Workplace Injuries in Colorado
Many people in Colorado drive as part of their job, whether they’re delivery or truck drivers or are tasked with using company cars or forklifts as part of their job duties. Anyone who uses a vehicle of any type as part of their work is in danger of accidents, which can have devastating consequences.
Transportation accidents are common workplace injuries in Colorado, and it can be challenging to get the correct workers’ compensation benefits for your injuries. If you’ve suffered an on-the-job injury in Denver or anywhere in Colorado, you don’t have to try to get benefits on your own. If you’re injured, call Flaxman Law Group at 970-999-0530 to set up a free, no obligation case review with a workers’ compensation lawyer from our Denver offices. If you are injured while on the job, our father-son law firm is here to help.Transportation Accidents in Denver and Across Colorado
Denver, and Colorado as a whole, has many workplaces where traffic accidents are especially common. The region has many construction sites, warehouses, delivery services, and other companies where employees are expected to drive. Even when workers are careful and companies have strict safety policies, the following transportation accidents can still happen.
- Motor Vehicle Collisions: Workers who drive company vehicles as part of their job duties are susceptible to motor vehicle accidents caused by negligent drivers, poor road design, mechanical defects, and other common causes of accidents.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Employees who work in high-traffic areas, like construction sites, may be involved in accidents as pedestrians. They can also hit a pedestrian if they’re operating heavy machinery on the site.
- Forklift Injuries: Warehouse workers and others who use forklifts often have to drive this heavy machinery in tight spaces and around other equipment as well as pedestrians. In these conditions, accidents and injuries can easily happen.
- Bicycle Accidents: Workers who use bicycles as part of their job, such as delivery personnel, may experience accidents on the road.
If you’re injured in the workplace, including in a traffic accident, you are generally eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. Under Colorado workers’ comp rules, you may be eligible for benefits that help pay for the medical care related to your work injury as well as benefits that help pay for lost wages and help you recover after your injury.
Unfortunately, there are many reasons why your employer and their insurer may try to deny or minimize your claim:
- They may try to claim you were on a break or not engaged in work duties at the time of your accident, and therefore don’t qualify for benefits.
- They may try to blame you for the accident, even though the cause should not matter in your workers’ comp claim, in most cases.
- They may not be carrying workers’ compensation coverage for you, as required by law.
- They may misclassify you as a contractor to avoid having to pay insurance for you.
Remember: Insurers save money for their shareholders when they deny or minimize claims. Working with a workers’ compensation attorney in Colorado means working with someone who can partner with accident reconstruction experts, medical experts, and other professionals to build a strong case. The goal of your lawyer is to get you benefits and compensation. They may even be willing to take your case to court to give you a strong chance at financial recovery.
If you’ve been injured in a transportation accident in Denver or anywhere in Colorado, don't hesitate to seek legal representation from Flaxman Law Group. Our family law firm includes a father-son team of workers’ comp attorneys who genuinely care about every client.