We represent injured people with all types of accident claims

Tamarac Loosing Control on Turns

Many motorcycle accidents in Tamarac and Florida involve a collision between a motorcycle and a much larger passenger vehicle or truck. However, single vehicle accidents involving motorcyclists are also quite common. One of the most common types of single vehicle motorcycle accidents involves losing control on turns. This type of collision can occur due to poor road design, other drivers, or other factors.

If you have been in a wipe out or an accident on a turn, it is important to get legal advice. All too often, the attorneys at Flaxman Law Group have seen motorcyclists blamed in these types of crashes, even if the collision was caused by other drivers or by road design issues. Speaking with a personal injury attorney now can ensure that you take the steps needed to protect your rights to fair compensation and can ensure that you understand what steps you need to take in order to get maximum compensation for your damages and losses. Your initial consultation with Flaxman Law Group is free and comes with no obligation, so do not hesitate to contact us if we could be of help.

Who Is Liable After Your Traffic Collision In Tamarac Or Your Community?

In many cases, losing control on a turn is not the fault of the motorcyclist. If you're an experienced motorcyclist, you know that before entering a turn you must brake and slow down and then accelerate into the turn. Even if you know and practice this, however, hazards on the road can still cause a serious injury or accident. An uneven surface or an oil spill can cause you and your motorcycle to go into a slide or to wipe out. In these cases, it is the municipality or city who owns the road who should maintain the road or alert drivers to known hazards.

Do You Have a Claim?

If you have been injured because a municipality or a government entity has been negligent, you may be eligible to file a lawsuit against the owner of the road surface. This can happen if you can prove that:

  • The road owner owed you a duty of reasonable care
  • The owner of the road breached that duty of reasonable care
  • That negligence on the part of the road owner caused your accident
  • The accident that was caused by the negligence resulted in damages

Filing a lawsuit against a government entity has special challenges, as governments are protected by special laws to limit their liability. You will need to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney in order to review your options.

Charles Flaxman of Flaxman Law Group was an insurance adjuster for ten years and this has given him inside knowledge of insurance companies and their policies. He understands the laws that insurance companies and other defendants use to avoid claims and he understands how to negotiate with these carriers to seek maximum compensation on behalf of clients. If you have been injured and would like Charles Flaxman and the rest of the legal team at our full-service law firm on your case, contact us for a free case assessment. Your initial case assessment is free, confidential, and comes with absolutely no obligation.