Supermarket Trip & Fall
When you are shopping in a supermarket, your main worry may be about what to have for dinner. Since grocery stores are well-lit, public places most people don’t think about the dangers to their personal safety. Unfortunately, each year people are seriously injured in supermarkets in Hollywood and across Florida. One of the most common causes of injuries in grocery stores involves slip and fall and trip and fall accidents.
If you have sustained a serious injury in a supermarket or any type of store, it is important that you seek legal advice right away. If you have been injured, it is not just a medical situation. It can also be a legal situation that could affect your finances for years to come. If you would like legal advice immediately, contact Flaxman Law Group at any time for a free case consultation. Our empathetic team of attorneys has more than six decades of combined experience and a track record of recovering more than $100 million so far on behalf of clients.Trip and Fall Accidents in Supermarkets May be More Common Than You Think
There are many reasons why supermarkets are especially likely to be the site of trip and fall and slip and fall accidents:
- There are many items on store shelves that may fall down
- Heavy traffic
- Hard-surface floors that may become slippery when wet
- Supermarkets sell items such as oil, which can fall from shelves and leave a slippery surface
- Patrons may be focused on their grocery list and may not notice dangers
- Uneven floors, especially between departments
- Frequent product turnover can mean that there are boxes and carts left in aisles, where they pose a tripping hazard
- Produce sold in supermarkets can fall to the ground and can become squashed underfoot
- Some stores have floor displays that can pose a tripping hazard
- Other customers may drop items by accident
Since supermarkets have unique risks, the owners and managers of these establishments are expected to take extra precautions to keep customers safe. This may involve having employees check aisles periodically to clean up spills or it may involve ensuring adequate signage and good lighting to ensure that patrons can see their way around a store safely. When stores fail to take reasonable precautions, they can be held legally responsible if a customer is injured.Getting Justice if You Have Been Injured in a Grocery Store
If you have been injured in a grocery store or any store, you will want to get legal advice right away. A personal injury attorney in Hollywood or your community can tell you whether you have a claim or other options. They can also launch an investigation into your injury to determine how your injury occurred.
If you would like to speak to a personal injury attorney today, contact Flaxman Law Group. Flaxman Law Group is a South Florida law firm with offices in Hollywood, Homestead, and Florida. We are proud to serve the entire South Florida area and we are proud of our more than 60 years of combined experience. If you would like to arrange a free consultation with our team just contact us today.