We represent injured people with all types of accident claims

South Miami Loosing Control on Turns

Motorcyclists can be injured in many types of motor vehicle crashes in South Miami and across Florida. One of the most common types of motorcycle crashes involves losing control on turns. While these single vehicle collisions are often blamed on the motorist, they are often caused by other drivers, road design issues, and other preventable instances of negligence.

Unfortunately, these types of traffic crashes can and do lead to serious injuries, which is why you will want to get legal advice if you have been injured. If you have suffered an injury and want to speak with a compassionate legal team at a full service law firm, contact Flaxman Law Group for a consultation. Your initial consultation with us is always free and comes with no obligation, so you risk nothing.

Why Do Motorcycle Accidents in South Miami and Florida Happen?

There are many reasons why motorcycles lose control on turns:

  • Mechanical failure
  • A new motorcyclist not understanding that he or she needs to brake and slow down when starting into a turn
  • Poor road design
  • Other drivers
  • Sudden braking while in the turn
  • Poor road maintenance
  • Debris on the road

If you have been injured or have wiped out on a turn, it is important to get answers about what has caused your collision. Not only is this important for your peace of mind, but it can be an important part of securing fair compensation for your injuries. If someone's negligence or recklessness has caused your injuries, for example, it is important to know this so that you can pursue all liable parties in order to get fair compensation.

Liable Parties And Motorcycle Accidents

In cases where someone loses control on a turn and causes a motorcycle accident, if the accident was caused by poor road conditions the municipality or other third party may be held partly liable. For example, if a construction company was negligent in maintaining the road or in providing adequate signage around the construction or road work area you may have a claim against the municipality that hired the construction company or against the construction company itself.

If the municipality knew of potholes or other dangers on the road but failed to fix them or provide adequate signage, you can pursue a claim against the municipality in court. Of course, pursuing a government entity in court carries its own challenges. There are special rules that apply to taking legal action against a government agency. You will need an experienced attorney who can help you maneuver through the special laws that affect these types of cases.

Flaxman Law Group is available 24 hours 7 days a week through our phone lines at 1-866-FLAXMAN (1-866-352-9626). Our attorneys understand that sometimes accidents and injuries occur in the middle of the night or on a weekend. We don't believe you should have to wait while you are in pain or are worried about your legal situation. Our phone lines are staffed round-the-clock, so you don't have to worry about getting an answering service or an answering machine. We can meet with you quickly or even offer over the phone advice so that you can get real answers to your questions as well as advice about your situation. Contact us today for your free initial appointment.