South Miami Dangerous Drugs
Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical devices can save lives and improve quality of life. However, in some cases unsafe drugs can cause fatalities or severe injuries. It can be heartbreaking for someone who is seriously injured or ill, especially, to sustain even more life-threatening injuries due to an unsafe product that should never have been in the marketplace in the first place.
The attorneys at Flaxman Law Group believe that drug companies and pharmaceutical companies should be held accountable when their products are not tested adequately or when negligence causes their products to be unsafe. If you have been injured after taking medication or using a pharmaceutical device, contact Flaxman Law Group immediately to find out what your options are for seeking compensation and justice. You may have a legal claim in South Miami or your Florida home.What Are Some Of The Hazards Of Dangerous Drugs?
When drug manufacturers are negligent, patients face many dangers:
- An over-the-counter or prescription medication may not list all of the drugs that it can interact with, causing the patient to experience a serious drug interaction
- Drugs may not be correctly labeled or labels may have incorrect or inadequate information
- Drug manufacturers may not disclose serious side effect possibilities, such as the potential for blood clots or other serious risks
- Some drugs have an unacceptably high rate of side effects, such as seizures and other serious injury
- Some drug manufacturers may not provide adequate information to pharmacies, meaning that pharmacies may compound (mix) drugs incorrectly or may end up giving the wrong medical information to patients
- Some drug manufacturers and their representatives may make misleading claims about their drug's effectiveness in treating a specific condition
- Some drug manufacturers may withhold information about serious problems that have occurred in trials
When you are prescribed a medication, you reasonably expect to:
- Get the proper dosage and the proper medication
- Get adequate service from both the pharmacist and the doctor to ensure that you get the right information and the right prescription
- Be fully and adequately informed about a drug’s proper dosage and use
- Be fully and adequately informed about potential interactions with other medication you may be taking
- Be fully informed about side effects as well as other pertinent information about the medication you have been prescribed
If you have been injured, contact the pharmacy right away and stop taking the drug until you can find out what has happened. If you suspect that the drug was dangerous or defective in some manner, contact a personal injury attorney in your community to get some answers. An attorney can investigate whether you have a claim, can help you understand the value of your claim, and can pursue justice and compensation in your case.
The attorneys at Flaxman Law Group have more than six decades of combined experienced representing injured people in all types of legal and insurance claims. Our attorneys have already recovered more than $100 million on behalf of plaintiffs in court wins and settlements. The aim of our attorneys is always to provide justice, legal support, and quality representation on behalf of our clients. If you would like to know more about our legal services or if you have questions about your legal situation, contact Flaxman Law Group for a free initial consultation.