School NSL - Public, Private, Universities, etc
It's every parent's worst nightmare: a school shooting or an incident of school violence at their child's school. When parents in Miami and across South Florida send their children to school each day, they count on schools and school boards to take the adequate measures necessary to keep their children safe. Unfortunately, instances of school violence seem to be in the news almost every month. Private schools, public schools, and universities and college have all been affected. When a child is injured or killed because a school was negligent, the parents and family of the child can pursue a legal claim against the school in order to get compensation for medical costs, final funeral expenses, and other costs related to the incident.
Having a child injured or killed due to school violence or another preventable violent act is devastating. In addition to being emotionally traumatizing, it also leaves families financially devastated. Medical costs and other expenses can be significant. Pursuing a legal claim allows families to get compensation for these costs but also sends a clear message to schools that more needs to be done in order to help safeguard children at school. The Flaxman Law Group legal team has been working with grieving parents and personal injury victims in Miami and across South Florida for more than 25 years. During that time, the Flaxman Law Group legal team has recovered more than $25 million on behalf of clients. To learn more about your legal rights and to get an opinion about your case, contact the Flaxman Law Group for a free case evaluation.Examples of inadequate security at schools
Inadequate security in Miami and area schools can take many forms:
- Open doors and broken locks at entrance ways
- Lack of security cameras, security personnel, and other security measures
- Inadequate screening of visitors entering and leaving the school
- Inadequate response to troubled children and students
- Inadequate responses to escalating levels of violence or problems. Long before an instance of violence occurs in the school, there are often many warning signs, such as signs of mental illness, escalating aggression, bullying, and other symptoms. When these issues are not dealt with adequately, violence can sometimes occur.
- Not alerting students and their parents about possible security risks. If a student has made threats or has taken other actions that could be construed as a possible precursor to violence, schools have an obligation to respond adequately. Often, that means alerting students and their parents about the potential risk.
- Inadequate screening of workers and employees at the school
- Inadequate supervision of school areas
- Inadequately secured dorm rooms and dorm areas
- Inadequate lighting on campus
If your child has been injured at school and you believe that the injuries may have been caused by inadequate security, contact the Flaxman Law Group legal team. Speaking with a personal injury attorney can help you evaluate your rights and your options. You may decide to pursue a legal claim to send a clear message to the school board and to get compensation so that you can help your child heal as fully as possible. The compassionate and caring legal team at the Flaxman Law Group legal team is pleased to offer free, no obligation consultations to personal injury victims.