Pompano Beach Side Impact
What should you do after broadside car accident? These types of accidents are likely to cause severe injury and distress. If you have been in a side impact car accident in Pompano Beach, get immediate legal advice and a no cost, no obligation consultation by contacting the Flaxman Law Group.Do You Know What to do After an Accident?
If you have been in a side impact car accident, you should:
- Evaluate the injuries and damage. If the accident is severe and someone is seriously injured, contact emergency personnel right away so that you can get an ambulance and police at the scene. If the accident was a minor fender bender or did not result in serious damages or injuries, Florida law requires you to pull over to the side of the road to prevent a secondary accident caused by obstructed traffic.
- Exchange information with the other driver. When speaking with the other driver, be careful to stick with the facts only and do not assign or accept blame. In many cases, it is impossible to tell who cause the accident anyway without a thorough investigation. Simply exchange contact information and insurance information.
- Start documentation. Take photos of any injuries as well as the car damage, the site of the accident, and any other pertinent information. Write down the date and time of the accident, the location of the accident, and the names and contact information of any witnesses. Get a copy of the police report.
- Get medical attention. Even if you are not sure if you have suffered an injury, speak with a doctor or visit a clinic for a full evaluation. In some cases, you may not notice a sprain, a soft tissue injury, or a head injury even if these are quite common. Sometimes it simply takes the body a little bit longer to produce any symptoms, and speaking with a doctor ensures you don't have a serious injury that you have overlooked.
- Contact your insurance company. Start the claim process by contacting your insurance company to let them know about the accident.
- Get legal advice. Even if you have excellent car insurance and medical coverage, get legal advice about your situation. Under Florida law, you may have several avenues to pursue compensation for your injuries, and pursuing more compensation ensures that you have the money you need to replace lost income, pay for medical bills, and handle other expenses. Keep in mind that once you accept an insurance offer, you may have fewer options for legal claims, so it is a good idea to speak with a personal injury attorney before you make any decisions in your case.
You may have multiple claims or liable parties that you can pursue after T-bone accident. You may also be able to negotiate with your insurance provider for fairer compensation. To find out more, schedule a free consultation with the Flaxman Law Group. The Flaxman Law Group is a full service law firm with offices in Miami, Homestead, and Hollywood. Our attorneys have more than 60 years of combined legal experience and have a track record of winning, as evidenced by the more than $100 million they have already recovered on behalf of plaintiffs.