Pompano Beach Hit and Run Accident
Hit and run car accidents in Pompano Beach are often very frustrating and angering. If you have been in a car accident, of course you probably realize that you need to stop and offer reasonable assistance to anyone who is injured and to exchange contact information with the other person. If the other person is not around and you have hit their vehicle or damaged their property, you are expected to leave a note and to report the accident to your local law enforcement. Offering aid ensures that anyone injured at the scene of a car or truck accident gets immediate and life-saving assistance. Exchanging contact information, driver’s license details, and registration information ensures that that any injured party can get compensation for their injuries.
If you have been injured in a hit and run accident, contact the Flaxman Law Group for a free case review. Your free consultation comes with no obligation, but gives you a chance to find out about your legal options. You may have more options to seek compensation than you realize.Who Do Drivers Leave the Scene of Accidents in Pompano Beach?
There are many reasons why a hit and run accident occurs. In many cases, people leave the scene of an accident without stopping to offer help or information because:
- They are driving a stolen vehicle
- They doing something illegal or have illegal property in the car
- They don't have a license or are driving with a suspended license
- They have no insurance
- They panic
- They don't want to deal with the hassle of reporting a car accident
- They don't want to face increased insurance premiums or be found at fault for a car collision
- They already have a list of car accidents to their name and don't want more points deducted from their license
- They were doing something illegal at the time of the accident to cause the accident and don't want criminal charges
- There were driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- They have an outstanding warrant for their arrest
It is galling to find a hit and run driver and get a list of excuses about why they didn't stop to offer life-saving help or stop to exchange information. The reality is, there is no good reason to not stop in the event of an accident. Even if the driver can't find the owner of a vehicle that they of hit or is too injured themselves to exchange contact information, they can always contact police to report the accident and to offer their contact information. When drivers fail to do so, it is often because they are willfully trying to avoid justice.Finding Justice in Your Case
If you have been injured in a car accident caused by a hit-and-run driver, you deserve justice and under Florida law you may be entitled to compensation. Even without the other driver's insurance information, you may have legal options. You may be able to get insurance money from your own car insurance carrier or there may be another liable party you can pursue if someone else played a role in your injuries. To find out about all your options and to develop a plan for dealing with your situation, contact the Flaxman Law Group for a no obligation, no cost case evaluation.