Obstetrical Errors Which Cause Birth Injuries
Obstetrical professionals are legally obligated to provide a reasonable standard of care to expectant mothers and their children during, after, and before the birth and labor process. When medical professionals act in a negligent way, their recklessness can cause serious injuries to both mother and child. In these cases, parents can pursue a medical malpractice claim in Miami or their community in order to recover compensation for their injuries.
If you and your child have suffered a birth injury in Miami or anywhere in South Florida, you will want legal advice as well as the best medical treatment for you and your child. Consulting with a personal injury attorney can be an important first step in protecting your rights and your child’s future. If you are looking for an experienced personal injury attorney in Miami or anywhere in South Florida, you can always contact the Flaxman Law Group for a free consultation. The personal injury attorneys at the Flaxman Law Group have worked with many families affected by birth injuries and medical negligence.What Obstetrical Errors are Common in Miami and Florida?
Obstetrical errors can include:
- Improper use of delivery instruments
- Failure to monitor the fetus
- Failure to respond to fetal distress
- Failure to diagnose and treat conditions the mother or unborn child may have
- Failure to perform a timely C-section
- Failure to listen to a mother’s symptoms or concerns
- Failure to run needed tests
- Failure to monitor the mother
- Failure to respond to medical problems in the mother
- Inappropriate medications administered to the mother
- Failure to monitor and treat newborns
Obstetrical errors can cause many serious problems, including:
- Lack of oxygen to the baby’s brain
- Oversight of a serious medical condition
- Lack of treatment for a serious condition
- Nerve damage
- Excessive bleeding during labor
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
If medical staff have failed to provide a safe environment for an unborn child and negligence or recklessness have lead to birth injuries or other serious injuries during the pregnancy or birth process, you may have a legal claim. Pursuing a medical malpractice claim in Miami or your community can help give you important answers about what has caused an injury. It can help provide you with a sense of closure and it can implement important safety changes on the part of hospitals or medical facilities which can help prevent similar tragedies from occurring in the future. Pursuing a legal claim can also secure financial resources for your family so that you can pay for the best medical care possible for you and your child.
If you suspect that your child’s birth injuries were caused by negligence, contact the Flaxman Law Group for a free, no obligation consultation. The experienced and compassionate legal team at the Flaxman Law Group can help you find out whether you are entitled to compensation for your injuries. If your child needs a lifetime of medical and other special needs benefits, the Flaxman Law Group can help you understand what resources are available to you.