North Miami Poor Road Design
Many highways, freeways, and other roadways are in poor shape and in need of repair. Others are dangerous because they are poorly designed. Traffic safety planners and engineers who design our roads and schedule maintenance are expected to keep our roadways safe. After all, Florida residents pay taxes to ensure that they have safe infrastructure, including highways, city streets, overpasses, and bridges.
If you have been injured on a roadway, highway, bridge, overpass, or other infrastructure and you suspect that poor road design in North Miami or poor road maintenance led to your injuries, contact Flaxman Law Group at 866-352-9626 to evaluate your situation with a personal injury attorney. The attorneys at Flaxman Law Group have more than 60 years of combined trial experience as well as experience helping personal injury plaintiffs get compensation for their injuries. We can answer your questions, offer legal advice, and help you understand whether you have a legal claim.What can Municipalities do to Reduce the Road Risks of Road Dangers?
Road dangers do not just exist because they are inevitable. In many cases, municipalities and cities can do great deal to prevent poor road conditions and poor road design. For example, they can:
- Hire quality traffic safety planners and engineers to ensure that roads are designed correctly.
- Replace very congested intersections with a roundabout or traffic squares. In Europe, these design features have been effective in preventing some accidents
- Adjust road speeds or install red light cameras to reduce areas where speeding occurs.
- Launch investigations in areas where road accidents are quite common and find ways to reduce the risk of accidents.
- Use data gathering technology to gather information about road design issues and high-collision areas and then act appropriately in response to that data.
- Have inspectors ensure that roads are properly constructed.
- Have an adequate system for road maintenance and repairs to ensure that roads and other infrastructure are safe and stay safe.
If municipalities do not take these precautions and their negligence leads to accidents, people who are injured may have legal options.Do You Have a Legal Claim?
If you have been injured on a road or highway that may have been incorrectly maintained or poorly designed, it can be difficult to know whether you have a claim. Did the city do all it could to ensure that the roadway was safe? Was the municipality or other local government negligent in providing you with a safe road? Often, in these situations it is important to speak to a personal injury attorney in North Miami or your community in order to find out whether you have a legal claim or whether there are liable parties you can pursue in your case in order to seek fair compensation for your injuries and damages.
If you have been injured by a poorly designed roadway, contact Flaxman Law Group to explore your options. If a cause of action exists for a lawsuit or if there are other options for seeking compensation, our compassionate and professional personal injury attorneys can help you understand what steps you can take to protect yourself and your rights.