North Miami Head on Collision
If you have been in a serious head-on collision in North Miami or anywhere in Florida, you may expect that the at-fault driver and their insurance company will do the right thing and accept responsibility. Unfortunately, as the attorneys at Flaxman Law Group have seen firsthand, this is rarely the case. Even in cases where a driver negligently leaves their lane and hits an innocent driver heading the right way, the at-fault driver and their insurance company may take steps to reduce or eliminate liability. The at-fault driver may deny any wrongdoing and their insurance company may try to place the blame on the hurt driver or may try to undervalue the claim.Why are Head-On Collisions so Deadly?
There are two main reasons why head-on accidents so often lead to fatalities and serious injury:
- The force of impact is double the impact of many other crashes. It’s simple physics: two speeding cars heading towards each other create more force on impact than one stationary and one moving car.
- The driver and any passengers sitting in the front of the car are more vulnerable to impact. The nature of a head-on accident means that anyone sitting in the front is likely to sustain serious and even life-threatening injury.
Unfortunately, the force of impact in a head-on crash is usually significant and this can lead to serious injuries, including:
- Internal injuries
- Head trauma and brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Whiplash and soft tissue injuries
- Facial injuries and disfigurement
- Crushing injuries
Head-on car crashes in North Miami and surrounding areas occur because one or more drivers are not heading in the right direction. Usually this occurs if:
- A driver is heading the wrong way on a one-way road
- A driver turns the wrong way into a one-way street
- A driver loses control of their vehicle and enters an oncoming lane
- A driver crosses a median or double yellow line
- An initial accident pushes a driver into an oncoming lane
All too often, these types of accidents are preventable and occur due to:
- Drunk driving
- Driver fatigue
- Distracted driving
- Poor road design or bad weather conditions
- Speeding, especially excessive speed on turns
Since so many of these accidents are preventable, it is especially important to consult with a personal injury attorney. If you have been disabled or injured in a car accident or someone you love has been killed in a car collision, you need legal assistance. If you have been in a head-on car accident, especially, there may be multiple liable parties and you may have multiple chances to get compensation for your injuries, lost wages, medical expenses, and more. A serious car accident case or legal case is not a do-it-yourself situation. You want to have someone by your side. An experienced attorney can make a big difference in your case.
If you are looking for experienced car accident attorneys in South Florida, you can always contact the trial attorneys at Flaxman Law Group. Not only is Flaxman Law Group a full-service law firm with extensive resources to be put to work on your case, but our attorneys have more than six decades of trial experience and car accident insurance experience to be put to work for you. Call us at 1-866-FLAXMAN (1-866-352-9626) today for your free, no obligation consultation.