Miramar Medical Neglect
Medical neglect can be a form of nursing home abuse and negligence in Miramar and other Florida communities, although this type of neglect can occur in virtually every care environment. Medical neglect can affect children in homes or schools, adults in care homes, and patients in hospitals. Any time that a person does not get reasonable medical attention because of a caregiver’s or professional’s neglect or recklessness, the injured person may have a medical neglect or personal injury case.
If you have been injured through no fault of your own through medical neglect and are now wondering how to pay for medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses, the attorneys of Flaxman Law Group believe that you deserve free and compassionate legal advice about your situation. There may be legal options that you have not considered and your case may be worth more than you think. To get a thorough legal assessment of your situation, contact Flaxman Law Group today for a free case evaluation.Proper Medical Attention
In nursing homes, care homes, assisted living facilities, and other care environments, staff have a duty of care to patients that involves providing an adequate level of medical attention and support. Proper medical attention can involve:
- Administering diabetes medication daily and monitoring blood glucose levels
- Monitoring blood pressure or other indicators of chronic illness and getting medical attention if a patient needs it
- Calling a doctor or medical professional if a resident or patient shows signs of illness or distress
- Administering eye drops or other medical treatment
- Following doctor recommendations and courses of treatment for patients
- Changing a patient’s diet or other lifestyle factors to meet doctor recommendations
- Changing catheters, bandages, or other medical devices
- Providing crutches, bed pans, braces, canes, or other medical devices as recommended by medical professionals
- Giving residents and patients access to dentists, doctors, and other medical professionals
- Observing patients’ conditions and alerting medical professionals if needed
- Listening to patient concerns and descriptions of symptoms and reacting appropriately
When staff in care environments fail to act in this way, they can be found liable of medical neglect in Miramar or their community. They can be pursued in civil court and victims of their neglect can seek damages for their losses. It can be important to families to pursue losses in these cases to ensure that patients and loved ones have the money needed for medical care and other forms of care.Do You Need Legal Advice?
If you or a loved one have been injured in a care or medical setting, it is important to ask questions and to find out whether your injuries were preventable. Depending on your case, you may have a legal claim that allows you to pursue legal redress and financial resources for your injuries. To find out more, contact Flaxman Law Group for a free case assessment.
Charles Flaxman of Flaxman Law Group graduated in the top 2% of his law class and has amassed more than 30 years of experience as a trial attorney. Before that, he worked as an insurance claims adjuster for a decade. This has given him an inside knowledge as to how insurance laws and companies work. Every day, Charles Flaxman and the rest of the attorneys at Flaxman Law Group put this knowledge to work on behalf of plaintiffs, aggressively negotiating with insurance carriers and defendants to secure the best compensation and damages possible on behalf of clients. If you have been injured anywhere in South Florida, do not hesitate to contact Flaxman Law Group for a free case assessment.