Miami Springs Medical Neglect
Nursing homes and their staff sometimes take advantage of elderly residents in their care. Residents can end up the victims of financial abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, or neglect. A common form of neglect involves medical neglect. This is defined as refusing appropriate medical services and attention to someone under care.
If a family member of yours has been injured due to medical neglect or nursing home negligence and abuse in Miami Springs your community, do not hesitate to contact Flaxman Law Group to arrange for a free case assessment. There may be legal options that allow you to seek compensation in your case and that allow you to place your loved one in better care. Let our full-service law firm review your options so that you know what you can do.What can a Personal Injury or Medical Malpractice Attorney in Miami Springs or Your Community do in Your Case?
When launching a medical neglect or medical malpractice claim in your community, an attorney will generally need to build a strong case in order to protect your interests and in order to give you the best chance at fair compensation possible. In order to do so, your attorney may:
- Gather evidence of medical neglect or launch an investigation to find out what has occurred
- Go through medical records to find evidence of neglect or malpractice
- Run background checks on the staff members or medical professionals involved to find out whether there have been previous violations or charges against those professionals
- Interview you as well as any witnesses to the abuse or neglect
- Hire a private investigator
- Work with expert witnesses and medical experts to determine what has happened
- Negotiate with plaintiffs and their insurance companies to secure the fairest compensation offer possible
- Build a case that can take the fight to court, if needed
It is difficult to tell whether you have a medical neglect case. The reality is that not every negative medical outcome results in a legal claim, because in some cases doctors and other healthcare professionals do everything possible but still are unable to fix or prevent a serious complication or problem. However, if medical neglect or malpractice was an issue, you need to understand your legal options so that you can take the best steps for you.
For this reason, if you have a negative medical outcome, it is always best to speak with a personal injury attorney to review your legal options and your rights. An attorney can help you understand whether you have a claim and can even investigate your situation to determine whether negligence or recklessness did play a role. If you decide after speaking with a personal injury attorney that you do have a strong case and you are eligible to receive financial compensation, you may decide to proceed. In these cases, it is important to consult with a personal injury attorney very quickly, since there is a statute of limitations on how much time you have to file a claim. In addition, the sooner you consult with a personal injury attorney the sooner your attorney can start taking steps to protect you and your family.
If you would like to speak to a personal injury attorney today, contact Flaxman Law Group for a free case assessment.