Miami Lakes School Bus Accident
As a parent, of course you want to protect your child. If you send your child to and from school every day on a school bus, you may rest assured that you are taking steps to prevent your child from being in a traffic accident in Miami Lakes or your community. After all, car accidents are far more common than school bus accidents. But what happens when a school board or a school bus driver is negligent and this causes a collision as well as severe injuries for your child?
In this situation, it is important to consult with a personal injury attorney in order to find out how to get compensation that can help your child get quality medical services as well as other services they need to heal. If you would like to find out what can be done in your case, do not hesitate to contact Flaxman Law Group for a no cost, no obligation case review today. Our attorneys are part of a full-service law firm and have handled thousands of personal injury and child injury cases in Miami Lakes and across South Florida. We understand local resources and local laws that are designed to help you protect your family.Who is Liable After a School Bus Collision in Miami Lakes or Your Florida Community?
The companies that own and operate school buses, which can include school boards or schools, have a legal obligation to make sure that the children on board school buses are safe. This means making sure that the buses adhere to standards and regulations and it also means screening drivers carefully and maintaining the buses properly. When school buses cut corners and fail to take the steps needed to protect children, they can be held partly liable if a car accident or bus accident injures children.
There are many things that school boards and schools can do to make sure that their school buses are safe:
- Screening school bus drivers carefully to ensure that only qualified and trained operators are allowed on buses
- Designating teachers or child monitors on buses to ensure that everyone stays safe on the buses
- Teaching bus safety to children
- Maintaining buses correctly
- Choosing safer school bus designs and models and updating buses as needed
- Providing a safe area for buses to park in front of or near the school
- Having policies in place to ensure that children can disembark and embark on buses safely
- Having policies and systems in place to ensure that children are accounted for on the bus and to ensure that children do not engage in dangerous or reckless behavior on the bus
When schools and school boards fail to take these precautions and children are injured as a result of their negligence, they can be held liable for any injuries that children sustain.Getting Answers After a Child Injury
If your child has been seriously injured, you will need to get legal advice to protect your family. To speak with a personal injury attorney, you can always contact Flaxman Law group through our website or by calling 1-866-FLAXMAN (1-866-352-9626) at any time of the day or night. Our phones are staffed around the clock for your convenience. Flaxman Law Group is a full service law firm with offices in Homestead, Hollywood and Miami. We are pleased to offer all new clients a free initial consultation.