Miami Lakes Inadequate Supervision
Residents at nursing homes and assisted living facilities are sometimes vulnerable. They may require extra assistance and supervision even for everyday tasks such as eating or grooming. When staff do not provide adequate levels of supervision, residents may suffer slip and fall accidents in their Miami Lakes or Florida community home, or may suffer other injuries and problems. Spinal cord injuries and head injuries in Miami Lakes and other Florida communities are just two examples of the types of serious injuries that can occur due to inadequate monitoring and supervision.
If you have entrusted the care of a loved one to an assisted living facility or nursing home only to find that nursing home abuse or negligence has occurred, you do have legal remedies. To find out whether you have a claim, contact Flaxman Law Group today to arrange for a free, confidential case review.Inadequate Supervision Can be a Form of Neglect
There are many situations in which negligent supervision can be a form of neglect:
- When special needs adults and children in group homes or long-term care homes do not receive adequate monitoring
- When elderly residents of retirement homes or nursing homes do not get appropriate levels of supervision
- When children at camps, daycares, schools, after school programs, and other child care settings are not properly supervised
- When children in the care of a family member, babysitter, or nanny are not correctly monitored
- When inadequate supervision is provided at public pools and other higher-risk areas
- When factories, construction sites, and other higher-risk workplaces are not monitored and overseen correctly
Negligent supervision cases often involve children, the elderly, and others who cannot care for themselves. However, any time that an appropriate level of monitoring is not provided and this results in injury, an injured party may have a legal claim.Why Is Negligent Supervision Such A Problem?
In almost all cases, injuries caused by poor supervision could be prevented with correct monitoring. These situations often arise because of:
- Lack of staff training
- Lack of staff screening
- Distracted supervisors
- Poor supervision policies
- Underqualified supervisors
- Cost-cutting measures that do not provide a safe level of supervision
If you or someone you love has been injured due to negligent supervision, you deserve answers. Seeking justice in your case can help you get information about why adequate supervision was not provided and it can help you secure compensation that can help pay for lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other losses you have suffered as a result of the injury. Seeking a legal claim in your case can also push liable parties to make important safety changes that will ensure that others are not injured.
The attorneys at Flaxman Law Group believe that patients of nursing homes and assisted living facilities deserve compensation and justice if they have been injured due to negligence or recklessness. If you believe that you have a case because a loved one has been injured, contact Flaxman Law Group immediately. Our attorneys can meet with you in a free, no obligation consultation to help you understand whether you have a claim. If you do have a claim, our attorneys can take care of every detail of the process, keeping you apprised of the situation and pursuing justice aggressively on your behalf.