Miami Distracted Driving
Distracted driving can occur any time a driver’s attention is removed from driving for even a few seconds. In Florida, distracted driving is especially a concern because each year millions of tourists as well as temporary residents pour into the state, leading to more traffic on the roads as well as busier roadways. On the streets, combined with heavy traffic, distracted driving can easily turn deadly in just a fraction of a second. Distracted drivers cause many traffic accidents in Miami and across the state each year.
If you have been injured by a reckless driver, you deserve to be compensated for your pain and suffering, medical care, property damage, lost income, and more. If your injuries were caused through no fault of your own, find out what can be done in your case by contacting Flaxman Law Group today for a free, no obligation case evaluation. Florida law does protect you, but you need an attorney by your side who understands the law and how it applies to your specific case.Preventing Distracted Driving Collisions
How can you prevent distracted driving in Miami? Unfortunately, many motorists drive distracted without even being aware that they are doing so. The best way to avoid this is to:
- Get ready for your drive before you go so that you don't have to check directions or get something from your purse or briefcase while you drive
- Make it a habit to pull over if you have to send a text, make a phone call, change the music, or do something else that will take your focus from driving
- Ask passengers not to engage you in animated discussion
- Get plenty of rest, as you are more likely to drive distracted if you're fatigued as well
- Think two or three moves ahead when you drive, so that your mind does not drift
- Every so often – such as at a stop sign or at the end of every song on the radio – checking to make sure that you are fully focused on driving and are not daydreaming
- If you are upset or distracted by something at work or your personal life, consider taking public transit, a taxicab, or doing something else rather than getting behind the wheel of a car
- Take distracted driving is seriously as you would drunk driving – it can be just as deadly
While many people associate distracted driving with texting, there are many types of distracted driving. Remember that anything that distracts your focus from driving, take your eyes off the road for even a few seconds, or removes your hands from the wheel is distracted driving. Even something as simple and innocuous as daydreaming has been proven to cause serious traffic accidents.
At Flaxman Law Group, our team of attorneys has more than sixty years of combined legal and insurance industry experience and will do everything in their power to hold the distracted driver and their insurance company accountable for your injuries and your accident. The attorneys at Flaxman Law Group will fight aggressively and will pursue your case around the clock in order to seek out the maximum amount of compensation you may be entitled to. Arrange a free consultation with our legal team by calling Flaxman Law Group today.