Medical Benefits and Workers’ Compensation Benefits in Colorado
If you’ve been injured on the job in Denver or anywhere in Colorado, you may be entitled to workers' compensation benefits that can help replace lost income, pay for medical bills, and help you get back on track. One of the most important benefits workers rely on are medical benefits.
Unfortunately, getting medical benefits isn’t always as simple as it should be, even if you have been seriously injured at work. At Flaxman Law Group, our father-son team of workers' compensation lawyers work to build strong cases for injured workers, so they don’t have to pay for medical costs out of pocket. If you’ve been injured on the job in Denver or anywhere in Colorado, contact our Denver offices at 970-999-0530 to schedule a free, no obligation consultation to discuss medical benefits workers’ compensation benefits in Colorado.Understanding Medical Benefits in Colorado Workers’ Compensation Cases
When you’re injured at work, medical benefits are there to make sure you receive the necessary medical care to recover from your injuries. These benefits cover all necessary and reasonable medical treatment, including doctor visits, hospital stays, medications, medical devices, ongoing rehabilitation, and any other treatment related to your workplace injury.Eligibility for Medical Benefits in Colorado
To be eligible for medical benefits you must:
- Have an injury or illness that occurred in the course of employment.
- Promptly report the injury to your employer.
- Follow the proper procedures for seeking medical treatment and inform the healthcare provider that your injury is work-related.
Importantly, you don’t have to prove that your employer was liable for the injury to get your benefits.What Medical Benefits Cover
Medical benefits in Colorado workers' compensation cases typically cover the following:
- Visits to doctors, specialists, and healthcare professionals related to your workplace injury
- Hospital stays, surgeries, and other medical procedures necessitated by the injury
- Prescribed medications
- Physical therapy and other rehabilitative services, including any needed ongoing therapies
- Medical equipment, such as crutches, prosthetics, wheelchairs, and braces
The workers' compensation process in Denver and across Colorado can be complex, and insurance companies may try to minimize the benefits you receive. Having a skilled workers' compensation lawyer in Denver isn’t a legal requirement, but many injured workers find that working with an attorney helps them pursue fair medical benefits.
This is because attorneys can do several things it can be challenging for the average worker to do:
- Guide you through the claims process, making sure all necessary paperwork is filed correctly and within the required timeframes.
- Work with medical experts to assess the full extent of your injuries and the medical treatment needed.
- Negotiate with insurance companies and seek the maximum medical benefits available.
- Provide personalized guidance throughout the process, answering your questions and pursuing your best interests.
At Flaxman Law Group, our team of compassionate and dedicated workers' compensation lawyers are passionate about helping injured workers like you obtain the medical benefits and other workers’ compensation benefits they’re eligible for.
We’re a family law firm, with a father-son team of workers’ compensation lawyers with offices in Denver. We care about families because we are a family.
If you have been injured at work and need assistance with your workers' compensation claim, don't hesitate to contact Flaxman Law Group at 970-999-0530. In a confidential, free consultation, we can discuss how you may be able to pursue the medical and other workers’ compensation benefits you deserve.