Limited Visibility Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycles have limited visibility, since the rider is often lower to the ground when compared with cars and other larger vehicles. Shrubs, other vehicles, and other objects can easily obstruct the view for motorcyclists. These types of obstructions especially tend to cause accidents at intersections and highways. Limited visibility can also be a problem in poor weather, since motorcyclists are not protected by windshields and windshield wipers the way that occupants of passenger vehicles are.
You may not think that you need motorcycle accident attorney in Miami or South Florida after a traffic accident, but in many cases at least consulting with a legal professional is a good idea. Even if you do not plan on pursuing a legal case, a personal injury attorney in Miami can help review insurance offers and can even negotiate with insurance carriers so that you get fairer compensation. More importantly, a personal injury attorney can help you understand all your options, so that you can make the right decisions for you and your family. If you have been injured in a traffic accident in Miami and are looking for an experienced personal injury attorney, you can contact the Flaxman Law Group for a free case evaluation.Preventing Motorcycle Accidents Caused by Visibility Issues
There are many things that motorcyclists can do to help prevent accidents caused by poor visibility:
- Wear goggles and protective eye wear.
- Stay visible to others. Wear light-colored or bright-colored clothes that are reflective and easy to see.
- Use lights. Always use your headlights in darker conditions and when the weather is bad. Use signal lights so that other motorists know when you are about to turn or make a lane change.
- Use extra caution when riding at night or in poor weather. Visibility is even worse, and you need to make an even bigger effort to ensure that other motorists can see you.
- Use mirrors and check blind spots as needed. Stay aware of what is happening around you on the road.
- Stay aware of other vehicles’ blind spots. Other motorists may not see you, so it is important to stay out of blind spots and to make eye contact with other motorists to ensure that they are aware of you and your bike.
- Give yourself plenty of room. Leaving extra room between you and other motorists on the road is extra insurance that other drivers can see you. In the event that you have to maneuver to avoid an accident, the extra room may also save you from a serious collision.
If you have sustained injuries in a traffic accident in Miami or anywhere in South Florida, it is important to seek fair compensation for your injuries. Motorcycle accidents often result in devastating injuries -- and in some cases, permanent injuries. The emergency medical care and long-term medical care for these injuries alone may cost hundreds of thousands of dollars or even millions of dollars over a lifetime. In addition to medical care, survivors of traffic accidents in Miami often face property damage, lost income, pain and suffering, and other challenges. Having financial resources is important in helping to meet these challenges and in rebuilding your life after an accident. While many victims assume that the insurance money that they get from an insurance carrier is the only compensation that they are entitled to, this is not the case. If the accident was caused by someone's recklessness or negligence, victims have the right to pursue legal action in civil court in order to recover for the cost of their injuries. In addition, the amount offered by an insurer may be negotiable. The legal staff at the Flaxman Law Group can explain these and other options in a free consultation. Contact the Flaxman Law Group today to arrange for a free appointment.