Hotel Slip & Fall
When you travel to a Florida hotel, motel, or resort as part of a vacation or travel-related Hollywood trip, you of course expect to get quality accommodations and a safe, pleasant stay. Accidents and injuries in hotels can ruin a stay and can even lead to serious injury. One common injury that can occur in a hotel is a slip and fall accident.
The attorneys at Flaxman Law Group have worked with many people who have been injured in slip and fall accidents in hotels, restaurants, and other business properties. If you have been injured, our friendly and professional legal team would be pleased to meet with you in a free consultation to discuss your options. Just contact us at any time for your free consultation.What Causes Slip and Fall Accidents in Hotels?
There are many reasons why hotels may be the site of slip and fall accidents:
- Spills caused by other guests
- Leaky or broken pipes
- Maintenance issues or inadequate maintenance
- Floor surfaces that do not have any anti-slip treads on them
- High staff turnover
- Lack of proper response to guest complaints or known problems
- Lack of signage for spills and slippery surfaces that cannot be addressed quickly
- Lack of timely response to sudden weather changes that cause slippery conditions outside the hotel
- Unsafe pool decks and pool areas
Slip and fall accidents in a Hollywood hotel, resort, or motel can happen anywhere. They can occur in the parking lot, in your room, in common areas, in the pool or workout room, or on anywhere on the hotel property. If you have fallen and sustained an injury while staying at a hotel, you may have a legal claim and may be eligible for compensation if the hotel was negligent in providing you with a safe environment. How can you tell whether you have a claim? In some cases, it may be evident that the hotel, motel, or resort did not take adequate precautions. In other cases, it can be harder to tell whether you have a claim. Your best option is to get legal advice about your situation.What To Do if You Have Been Injured
If you have been injured while staying at a hotel, the steps you take immediately following your injury can have a big impact on your case and your chances of getting fair compensation. After your injury, you will immediately want to:
- Take photos of the area where you fell, including photos of any warning signs (or lack of warning signs) in the area
- Get contact information of any witnesses
- Get a medical evaluation if you may have been injured
- Report the accident to the hotel management staff
- Get contact information of any hotel staff who assist you after your injury
- Keep detailed documentation about the injury, any assistance offered by the hotel, any medical attention you receive, and any symptoms or expenses you face as a result of your injury
- Contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible after your accident to get legal advice
Just because you have been injured in a hotel or resort in a trip and fall or slip and fall accident, it does not necessarily mean that you have a claim. You must be able to show that the hotel or resort knew about a danger or should have known about a danger but failed to act.
To find out whether you have a claim or to get free legal advice about your situation, contact Flaxman Law Group. Our team of attorneys has more than sixty years of combined experience and our legal team would be pleased to discuss the potential and the merits of your case.