Homestead What to do After a Motorcycle Accident
Being in a motorcycle accident in Homestead or your community is terrifying. Flaxman Law Group attorneys have worked with many motorcycle accident victims and have noted that there are a number of small errors that many motorcyclists make immediately following the accident that can affect their claim and their ability to seek fair compensation later on.
Don't make the same mistakes. If you have been in a motorcycle accident, make sure that you:
1) Get immediate medical help. Even if you are fortunate enough to walk away from a motorcycle accident with seemingly no injuries, it is important to get a medical evaluation. Some types of injuries do not always have symptoms that are immediately apparent.
2) Stick to the facts. It is natural for many people to apologize if they have been in a car accident, because they feel partly responsible. Unfortunately, the simple act of politeness can later be construed as admitting fault. If you are speaking with the other driver or anyone else after the accident, stick with just the facts of what has happened and resist the urge to apologize or to accept any blame for the accident. In many cases, motorcycle and car crashes in Homestead take months to fully investigate anyway, so it is not always neatly apparent what has caused the accident.
3) Exchange information with other drivers and witnesses and be sure to start the documentation process. Take photos of the accident scene if you can and get as much information from the other driver and witnesses as possible. Note the time, date, and other information of the collision. If you can, get a copy of the police report and any medical reports that pertain to your case.
4) Contact your insurance company. You will want to start the claims process right away.
5) Contact a personal injury attorney in Homestead or your community. Even if you have excellent insurance, you will want to contact a personal injury attorney in order to review the likely costs of your injuries as well as how much your case may be worth. Keep in mind that insurance money may not cover the total cost of your injuries, and you need fair compensation in order to pay for lost wages, medical costs, car repairs and motorcycle repairs, and other expenses.
Are you looking for a motorcycle accident attorney in Homestead or your community? Flaxman Law Group is part of the Homestead community, with offices in Homestead, Hollywood, and Miami to better serve clients across South Florida. Contact the law firm today for a free, no obligation case evaluation.
Flaxman Law Group is a full-service law firm as well as a family law firm – two of our legal staff are actually a husband and wife legal team. The Flaxman Law Group staff of attorneys has more than 60 years of legal experience and has helped thousands of personal injury plaintiffs recover more than $100 million in court wins, out-of-court settlements, and other forms of compensation. The law firm works with a team of private investigators, accident reconstruction experts, and other professionals who can help build a strong case on your behalf. Whether you would like to know whether you have a case, would like legal advice, or need assistance with your insurance claim, contact Flaxman Law Group for a free, no obligation case evaluation.