Homestead Hit and Run Accident
Unfortunately, Florida is one of the leading areas in the country for hit and run accidents. While it is illegal to leave the scene of a car crash in Homestead and any other community without stopping to offer assistance, many people do just that. If you've been hit by a hit-and-run driver, you may assume that you have little or no legal recourse. After all, in many cases police never find a hit and run driver.
However, there are still many things you can do. For example, if you have uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage, you may be able to get compensation from your own insurance company or you may be able to negotiate with your insurance company in order to get fair compensation. You may also have the option of seeking the at-fault driver in your case in order to pursue criminal and civil charges against them. To review your options and to discuss what your case may be worth, contact Flaxman Law Group for a free, no obligation consultation.Why Hit and Run Collision are so Common
There are many reasons why people leave the scene of an accident instead of stopping to offer help:
- They may be fleeing justice or may have a warrant out for their arrest
- They may be driving under the influence or doing something illegal and don't want to be caught
- They may be driving without a license
- They may be driving in a car that does not have registration
- They may be underinsured or uninsured motorist
- They may be driving with a suspended license
- The at-fault driver may already have multiple car accidents on their record and wants to avoid additional car accidents and resulting increased insurance fees
- The at-fault driver may not want to take responsibility for the car accident
- The at-fault driver may panic and drive off
There is no excuse for not stopping to offer assistance. Unfortunately, hit and run cases often result in devastating injuries, simply because the at-fault driver doesn't stop and injured parties in the other car simply do not get emergency medical help in time. In some tragic cases, hit and run accidents result in fatalities, simply because the victims in these accidents do not get medical help for their injuries in time. Hit and run pedestrian accidents, for example, can quickly become fatal if the injured victim has sustained head injuries or other life-threatening injuries and does not get to an emergency room quickly.You Do Have Legal Options
Have you or your loved one been injured in a hit and run car or truck accident in Homestead or another community? Contact Flaxman Law Group to review your legal options with a personal injury attorney. Flaxman Law Group works with a range of private investigators, medical expert witnesses, and other professionals who can build a strong case on your behalf. Charles Flaxman of Flaxman Law Group also spent 10 years in the insurance industry and understands exactly how insurance companies work – a powerful advantage when he is negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf to ensure that you get fair compensation. There's no risk and no cost associated with your initial consultation, so call today to arrange for your free appointment.