Homestead Dangerous Drugs
Manufacturers of medication must conduct extensive tests and trials to show that their products are safe to use and will not cause any dangerous side effects or complications. The FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) is responsible for ensuring that the medication and drugs sold by pharmacies and administrated in hospitals and clinics is safe.
Despite this, dangerous drugs do make their way into patient’s hands and often result in catastrophe. Patients often take medications they are prescribed in good faith, because they trust that the medication is safe and will help them heal. If you are injured by unsafe medication, contact Flaxman Law Group at any time to review your legal options. You may have a legal claim so that you can seek compensation for your injuries.How Do Dangerous Drugs Get in Hospitals and Pharmacies?
Both prescription drugs and over-the-counter medications can be unsafe and can lead to serious complications or even fatalities. There are tests, human trials, and government agencies that are supposed to keep dangerous drugs off the shelves. There is a lot of finger-pointing as to why unsafe medications are allowed to wreak havoc with patient health in Homestead and other cities. However, many experts agree that the problem stems from a number of possible issues:
- There are many drugs (such as over-the-counter medications) imported from other countries or sold online, and these may be subject to different standards and may be less tested.
- Some experts feel that the FDA lacks enforcement powers and other powers to crack down on unsafe drugs.
- There is a trend for off-market use of drugs, which means using a drug meant for one reason to treat a completely different issue (for example, using the birth control pill as a treatment for adult acne) and the secondary use may not be fully explored in trials and tests
- The pharmaceutical industry is powerful and is in the business of making money – in some cases, experts claim, drug manufacturers do not test as carefully as they could or do not report possible problems due to cost concerns. The companies have powerful teams of attorneys to protect them in the event of any legal claims.
- There are so many drugs being manufactured and developed that it is challenging for one regulating body to ensure that all are safe.
Have you been injured by unsafe drugs or medical malpractice in Homestead? You may not want to speak with a personal injury attorney about your situation because you do not think you have a claim or because you're worried about legal fees. Flaxman Law Group offers free consultations and works on a contingency fee basis, so that you do not have to worry about legal fees until the law firm wins money on your behalf. Even if you are unsure whether you have a legal claim, contact Flaxman Law Group through the website or by calling 1-866-FLAXMAN (1-866-352-9626) today to arrange for a free case consultation. You may have some legal options you did not even consider.