Homestead An Uneven Floor
Uneven floors can pose a tripping hazard and each year these types of hazards lead to serious injuries as well as premises liability claims in Homestead and other communities. Have you been injured by an uneven floor on a business property or at a private residence? Contact Flaxman Law Group to find out how much your injuries may end up costing you and to find out what options you have for pursuing fair compensation in your case.Uneven Floors May be the Result of Property Owner Negligence
Property owners are expected to keep their properties in good order, and this means fixing uneven floors as well as other hazards. When property owners fail to do so and someone is injured as a result, the property owner may be held liable for any damages. If your injuries were caused by negligence, you may be able to pursue compensation for:
- Medical costs (including surgery, medical treatment, and medical devices)
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Any property damage you sustained as a result of the accident
You may have a case if you were injured because of an uneven floor and:
- You were visiting the property legally and were in an area of the property where you were allowed to be
- The property owner knew about the uneven floor or should have known about the floor and failed to warn you or failed to fix the problem
- The property owner did not correctly maintain the property
- The property owner to not take steps to ensure that they noticed any problems such as an uneven floor
- The property owner was warned about the uneven floor but did nothing to fix it
Uneven floors can actually be extremely dangerous and can lead to very expensive and painful injuries, including fractures, facial injuries, head injuries, and spinal cord injuries. A simple fall due to an uneven floor can result in months of pain and suffering as well substantial medical bills. Some people suffer fatal or permanent injuries as a result of a serious fall. In many cases, when people trip and fall, they may strike their head during a fall and this simple accident can lead to fatal or permanent injuries that leave the victim unable to return to work. In some cases, people who have sustained a serious head injury from a fall require around-the-clock care for the rest of their lives.
It is important not to underestimate your case. Pursuing fair compensation is your right and it can help protect you from financial distress and can protect your family as you start on the road to healing. To find out what financial resources and compensation options are available to you, contact Flaxman Law Group for a free, no obligation case review.
Would you like to have a free, no obligation case consultation with a personal injury attorney in Homestead? Contact Flaxman Law Group for your free appointment. Your personal injury attorney can help you review your situation, can help you with the claims process, can help you understand the value of your case, and can provide you with free, no obligation legal advice about the specifics of your situation.