Hollywood Motorcycle Law
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Hollywood or in any community, you deserve justice and you deserve fair compensation that can help you pay for lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses. To find out what your options are, you can always reach Flaxman Law Group for a free case evaluation. Call today to arrange for a free appointment.Motorcycle Laws in Hollywood and Florida
Hollywood motorcyclists and motorcycle enthusiasts across the state need to abide by a number of Florida laws, including:
- You must take a Basic Rider Course via the Florida Rider Training Program to get a motorcycle only license. If you have a driver’s license, you can take the course to have a Motorcycle Endorsement added to your driver’s license.
- You must wear a helmet when riding a motorcycle unless you are 21 years of age and have insurance that includes a minimum of $10 000 in medical coverage so that you can be exempt from the helmet law.
- At least one mirror on your motorcycle is require by law.
- Earphone speakers are not allowed on a motorcycle unless they are helmet headphones.
- Your motorcycle must have functional daylight headlights.
- Handlebars must not be higher than the shoulders of the seated rider.
- It is illegal to modify the motorcycle so that it makes more noise than it was originally manufactured to make.
- Eye protection is mandatory for motorcycle riders.
In addition to these laws, there are a number of sensible safety precautions that it is useful to follow, even if they are not strictly law. For example, wearing a helmet (even if you qualify for the exemption) is a good way to prevent head injuries. In addition, choose where – and when – you ride carefully. Riding at night, most safety experts agree, is dangerous even if you take steps to make yourself more visible. Similarly, driving in higher traffic areas can increase your risk of an accident.
Even if you take all precautions in preventing a motorcycle accident, however, some motorists on the road do not take the proper steps to avoid colliding with smaller vehicles. If you are in a motorcycle accident, you have fewer layers of protection when compared with passengers in cars and this can mean more serious injuries. Motorcycle accidents can and do lead to amputations, head trauma, back injuries, fractures, soft tissue injuries, fatalities, and other injuries.
The attorneys at Flaxman Law Group have more than 60 years combined experience working on motorcycle accident and other traffic accident cases across South Florida. With offices in Hollywood, Homestead, and Miami, the team has worked with many local plaintiffs and in fact our team of attorneys has recovered more than $100 million on behalf of injured victims and survivors of car crashes and motorcycle accidents. To find out what Flaxman Law Group can do in your case and to find out whether you have a case, contact Flaxman Law Group today for a free case evaluation.