Hollywood Bald Tires / Tire Blowout
If you have driven through the streets of Hollywood and surrounding communities, you have likely seen the pieces of rubber littering the streets on some days. These pieces of black rubber are caused by tire blowouts, which often occur when excess pressure is placed on tires or tires are allowed to get to worn. Unfortunately, in addition to causing litter and debris, tire blowouts can cause serious accidents and even fatal crashes.
If you've been seriously injured in a truck accident caused by a tire blowout or other tire problem, contact Flaxman Law Group for a free, no obligation case evaluation. In many cases, tire blowouts and other tire issues are completely preventable and this means that you may have a legal claim if you have been seriously injured.Why do Tire Blowouts Happen in Hollywood?
There are many reasons why tire blowouts occur:
- Tires are allowed to get bald or worn down, thinning the material and allowing a blowout to occur
- Trucks are overloaded with cargo or cargo is not correctly distributed, putting extra pressure on some or all of the tires
- High heat, caused by high temperatures or overloaded cargo can cause tires to fail
- Older tires may be used on the truck, and in older tires (even unused ones) the rubber may become compromised
- Incorrect maintenance
- Truck drivers may fail to test tires to see whether they are worn, bald, or otherwise in danger of a blowout
- Drivers may speed excessively, placing extra pressure on tires
- Debris on the road can puncture tires
- Incorrect braking technique can place extra pressure on tires and can cause tires to wear down more quickly
- Tires may have manufacturing or design flaws
- Tires may be retreaded or recycled incorrectly, increasing the likelihood of the tire blowouts
These situations can be prevented with correct maintenance, safer tires, and due attention. In many cases, people who have been injured in a truck accident involving a tire blowout do have a legal claim but may not realize it.
For this reason, is important to consult with a personal injury lawyer in Hollywood or your community soon after your accident. An attorney can review your situation and can help you review all of your legal options. He or she can also help you understand the likely total cost of your injuries, can help you negotiate with your insurance carrier, and can help answer any questions you may have after your accident.
Flaxman Law Group is pleased to offer no obligation, no cost case consultations for all new clients. If you have been injured in a traffic accident, you can visit the Hollywood, Homestead, or Miami offices of the Flaxman Law Group or you can get over the phone advice. Attorneys from Flaxman Law Group are also willing to visit your home, workplace, or hospital room if you're too injured to travel. Your free, no obligation consultation allows you to discuss your situation with a personal injury attorney and get some solid legal advice before you make any decisions about what to do next.