Head Injuries are Common Workplace Injuries in Florida
At Flaxman Law Group, our workers’ compensation attorneys at our Hollywood, Miami, and Homestead offices have worked with many Florida workers who have been injured on the job. Some of the most devastating injuries we have seen include head injuries that result in memory or cognitive impairment and other life-changing symptoms.
Head injuries are common workplace injuries in Florida. If this type of injury happens to you, contact Flaxman Law Group for a free, no obligation consultation with a workers’ comp lawyer. You can always reach us at 866-352-9626 or online.Workplace Head Injuries Are Common in Hollywood and Across Florida
Head injuries can result from various workplace accidents, ranging from:
- Slip and Fall Accidents. Slippery and cluttered walkways can cause employees to suffer head injuries if they fall and hit their head during the fall.
- Falling Objects. Workers in construction and factories are vulnerable to head injuries caused by falling objects. However, these can also happen in retail, office, and other work environments.
- Vehicle Accidents. Any employee who drives a vehicle as part of their job duties is at risk of head injuries in collisions.
- Machinery Accidents. Equipment malfunctions and poor safety precautions can cause machinery to swing or fall over. It can also lead to crushing injuries that injure employees.
- Workplace Violence. Assault and weapons in the workplace can cause puncture wounds to the skull or traumatic brain injuries.
Anytime a worker is hit in the head, they risk a concussion or traumatic brain injury (TBI). This happens when the brain is thrown against the inside skull by the force of impact, causing bleeding, swelling, bruising, and tissue damage. Work injuries that cause the skull to be crushed or pierced can cause direct damage to the brain tissue.Head Injuries are Common Workplace Injuries in Florida: Here’s Why You Need a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
While head injuries are common workplace injuries in Florida, it’s not always easy to get the benefits and compensation you deserve. Most workers in Florida are covered by workers’ compensation, which means they should receive benefits if they sustain a serious injury, such as a brain injury, in the course of work duties.
In reality, applying for workers’ compensation in Florida can be overwhelming, especially with the complexities surrounding head injury cases. Many workers struggle to receive the compensation they need for medical treatment, rehabilitation, and ongoing care. Even employees with strong, legitimate claims sometimes face delays and denials when they try to get their rightful benefits, which is why many workers elect to work with a Florida workers’ compensation attorney.
When you choose to work with Flaxman Law Group, for example, our workers’ compensation lawyers can investigate your accident, gather evidence, provide personalized guidance throughout the legal process, negotiate with insurers, and work to pursue fair compensation for you. If you are struggling with a serious head injury, especially, it can be a relief to have an experienced legal team taking care of the details so you can focus on healing.
You may not know whether you have a workers’ compensation case right now and may not understand next steps. We understand the process is confusing, which is why we offer a free, no obligation consultation to anyone who’s been injured. If you’ve been injured at work, call Flaxman Law Group today at 866-352-9626 for your free consultation with a member of our family law firm.