Head and Brain Injuries Are Common Workplace Injuries in Colorado
Head and brain injuries are common workplace injuries in Colorado, unfortunately, and they can change workers’ lives permanently, sometimes with devastating consequences. At Flaxman Law Group, our team of workers’ compensation attorneys are here to help.
If you’ve suffered a head injury on the job, contact our Denver offices at 970-999-0530 to schedule a free, no obligation case consultation. Find out what options you have for pursuing workers’ compensation benefits to pay for your bills and medical care.Understanding Head and Brain Injuries in Denver and Across Colorado
Traumatic brain injuries and concussions happen when the head is struck by an object or shaken violently. The brain bounces around inside the skull, sustaining damage. If the brain starts to bleed and swell, the skull unfortunately has no flexibility, so further damage and even fatalities are possible.
In the workplace, head and brain injuries can also happen if the skull is crushed or broken, causing direct damage to the brain.
Common causes of both types of injuries include the following.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Damaged flooring, poor lighting, cluttered walkways, and spills can all lead to workplace concussions and even serious brain injuries.
- Falling Objects: Workers may sustain head injuries if they are hit by falling objects in construction sites, warehouses, retail settings, offices, and just about any workplace.
- Vehicle Accidents: Workers who drive as part of their job are at risk of head and brain injuries in accidents. During a collision, their head can hit an airbag or dashboard with enough force to cause damage.
- Struck-by Accidents: In industries with heavy machinery, workers can suffer head injuries from being struck by equipment or being crushed by it.
- Workplace Violence: Violent incidents in workplaces, including shootings and assault, can result in traumatic head injuries.
Trying to navigate the workers’ compensation process in Colorado can be overwhelming, especially if you’re injured and your head injury results in headaches, fatigue, cognitive impairment, memory loss, vision problems, and other common head injury symptoms.
Another challenge is that employers and their insurance companies sometimes try to minimize injuries to avoid having to pay more in medical benefits, wage replacement, and other benefits. Insurance companies work for their shareholders, not for you. Your workers’ comp attorney, however, does work for your best interests. Their goal is to help you maximize your financial recovery.
An experienced workers’ comp lawyer in Denver or Colorado also has resources you may not have access to. They have a network of medical experts and a wealth of legal knowledge they can use to build a strong case, negotiate with insurers, and even take your case to court, if that’s necessary.
The sooner you contact a Colorado workers’ compensation lawyer, the sooner your attorney can start working to protect your right to fair compensation. Your lawyer can help you understand whether you qualify for benefits, how much you should be getting, and what you can do to get your rightful compensation.
If you’ve suffered a workplace head or brain injury in Denver or anywhere in Colorado, don't hesitate to seek legal representation from Flaxman Law Group. Our family law firm and father-son attorney team genuinely care about each injured worker and our team has over 60 years of combined experience. Contact us today at 970-999-0530 for a free, confidential consultation with a workers’ compensation attorney from our Denver offices.