Fatalities Caused by Medical Malpractice
Florida residents rely on medical professionals to help them maintain their health and heal from medical conditions. In cases where medical professionals are negligent, however, permanent injury and fatalities are all too common a result. Losing a family member to negligence is devastating, and Florida law does protect families in this situation. Families affected in this way may be able to pursue a wrongful death claim in Miami or their community to seek compensation for medical costs, memorial expenses, and other costs.
The Flaxman Law Group is a full-service law firm dedicated to helping grieving families get the justice they deserve. If you have lost a loved one and need legal advice, the Flaxman Law Group legal team is always available for a free consultation and for compassionate, timely advice.Understanding Medical Malpractice in Miami and South Florida
- Pharmacy errors in Miami and across South Florida lead to overdoses, allergic reactions, and other fatal injuries
- Incorrect dosages commonly lead to complications and in some cases fatalities
- Wrong surgery sites or negligence during surgery can cause a patient to fail to recover
- Anesthesia errors commonly result in permanent injury or fatalities
- Misdiagnosis in Miami and across South Florida can lead to fatalities, especially in cases where doctors are negligent in detecting cancer or another illness that requires immediate intervention
- Incorrect treatment can lead to fatal complications for patients with underlying health issues
- Negligence during birth, leading to birth defects and fatality for mother and child
Medical professionals are expected to provide a high standard of care. When medical professionals fail to act in a reasonable manner and their actions result in a fatality, families can seek justice and compensation for their loss.Pursuing a Medical Malpractice Claim in Miami or Your Community
Pursuing a medical malpractice claim after losing a loved one is often complex, which is why it is important to consult with a personal injury attorney in Miami or your community as soon as possible after you realize you may have a claim. Medical professionals are protected by powerful insurance companies and an attorney will need to secure evidence in your case quickly. As well, there are statutes of limitations on these cases, so plaintiffs need to file a claim within a specific time frame. Expert witnesses are often needed to show that a medical professional was negligent, and arranging this type of case can take time.
If you think you have a case, it is strongly advised that you seek legal assistance and advice from a qualified attorney as soon as possible.
If you are looking for an attorney, you can always contact the Flaxman Law Group to arrange a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your case and get immediate advice. The compassionate legal staff at the Flaxman Law Group have more than twenty-five years of experience with medical malpractice and personal injury claims. Already having recovered more than $25 million on behalf of thousands of clients, The Flaxman Law Group is dedicated to helping plaintiffs get justice.