Fatalities Caused by Drunk Driving Accidents
All drivers today are acutely aware of the risks of drunk driving. Despite the many educational campaigns and other efforts to put a stop to this dangerous habit, however, some drivers continue to drive drunk. When someone's poor decision-making leads to a fatality, the result is often devastating for the surviving family. Families often experience grief, anger, as well as financial distress after losing a loved one to a drunk driving accident in Miami or their South Florida community.
If you have lost a loved one in a drunk driving accident in Miami or South Florida, you do have options. Under Florida law, you can seek compensation to pay for medical expenses, funeral expenses, and other expenses related to the injuries. You can also seek punitive damage as well as compensation for lost benefits, grief and suffering, and other losses. If you would like to know more, the Flaxman Law Group legal team is experienced in personal injury cases and wrongful death claims in Miami and across South Florida. You can always reach the team to arrange for a free consultation.Pursuing a Drunk Driving Car Accident Claim in Miami or Your Community
Drunk driving accidents are often devastating because in many cases drunk drivers have repeated offences on their record, yet continue to make the same mistake over and over again. Seeking a wrongful death claim in these cases often helps grieving families get closure and get answers about the accident. In many cases, it can also push a driver to make important changes that can help prevent further tragedies.
If you have lost a loved one due to a drunk driver, it is important to speak with a personal injury attorney in Miami or your community. Getting answers and compensation can be an important part of the healing process. Even if you are undecided about pursuing a legal case, it is important to understand all the facts and options at hand. An attorney can help you understand what decisions you can make in your case – and how those decisions may impact your future. An attorney can also negotiate with your insurance provider if you feel that your insurance company is not offering you a fair claim amount.Challenges With Drunk Driving Cases in Miami and Other Communities
There are a number of challenges for victims when it comes to getting fair compensation in a DUI car accident case in Miami or another community:
- DUI often leads to hit-and-run accidents in Miami and other communities
- Proving alcohol content after an accident can be a challenge if it was not noted at the scene
- Securing evidence can be a challenge and evidence may disappear quickly
- In some cases, drivers are underinsured or uninsured, especially if they have multiple DUI convictions and were not allowed to be driving at the time of the accident
- It can be a challenge to find all liable parties (i.e. the parties who continued to allow the defendant to drink or allowed him or her to drive drunk)
- Insurance companies are powerful defendants and often want to resolve claims quickly and inexpensively
- In these cases, families may be able to pursue punitive damages as well, and this adds an extra layer of complexity to the case
If you are looking for a wrongful death attorney to handle your case, contact the Flaxman Law Group legal team. Whether you have questions about the strength of your case or just want more information about wrongful death laws in Florida, the Flaxman Law Group legal team is pleased to offer free, no obligation consultations for all new clients. Contact the Flaxman Law Group today for assistance and legal advice.