Fatalities Caused by Construction Accidents
Construction accidents claim many lives each year in Miami and across South Florida. Often, these accidents leave behind devastated families who not only face grief but also financial distress. For construction workers who are killed on the job in these types of accidents, workers compensation in Miami and South Florida only pays for a small portion of the long-term financial losses that the grieving family will experience. When a construction worker is killed on the job, their family may lose hundreds of thousands of dollars or more than $1 million over the course of the victim’s lifetime in support and benefits.
The Flaxman Law Group legal team has worked with thousands of grieving families and personal injury victims in Miami and across South Florida. They have seen firsthand how significant injuries and fatalities can affect entire families for decades. Under Florida law, you do have the right to seek compensation if a fatality has been caused by recklessness or negligence. You can seek a wrongful death claim in Miami or South Florida if the victim was an immediate family member who provided financial support, benefits, or other support to you and your family. Usually, these types of claims are filed by an immediate family member, such as a spouse, child, or other dependent.Why Seek a Wrongful Death Claim?
There are many reasons why families may wish to seek a personal injury claim in Miami or South Florida after construction site fatality:
- Final medical expenses and funeral costs may not be fully covered by life insurance and other benefits
- Workers compensation in Miami and South Florida may not cover the long-term loss of income and benefits that an income earner would earn
- Construction site accidents are often highly preventable and pursuing a legal claim can hold liable parties responsible for the accident
- Seeking a legal claim can push at-fault parties to make important safety changes, which can result in a safe workplace for surviving workers
- Seeking out legal claim often means that the accident at work is thoroughly investigated, providing families with closure as well as important information about how the accident that killed a loved one occurred in the first place
If you think that you have a wrongful death claim or construction site accident claim in Miami or South Florida, you will want to consult with a personal injury attorney as soon as possible after the accident. A personal injury attorney in Miami or your community can help you understand your rights and options, can help you get information about the accident, and can help provide you with advice about what you can do next to best safeguard your family.
If you have lost a loved one and you believe that you may have a legal claim, contact the Flaxman Law Group legal team for immediate support and advice. The Flaxman Law Group legal team can set up a free, no obligation case evaluation at your home, workplace, hospital room, or at one of the three conveniently located Flaxman Law Group offices. The Flaxman Law Group legal team can also provide over the phone advice in some situations.