Failure to Monitor the Fetus
During a pregnancy, labor, and delivery, it is essential to careful monitor both an infant’s health and the mother’s health. Correct monitoring can help detect any signs that something is wrong – such as an infection or changes to the baby’s heartbeat – so that medical intervention can help reduce the risk of injury. When a mother and child are not monitored correctly, a serious situation could occur and the mother and infant may not get needed help in time. When lack of monitoring and other types of medical negligence in Miami and across South Florida lead to serious birth injuries, parents have a right to seek a legal claim and compensation for their injuries. Compensation in these cases can help pay for additional medical care, homecare, and other services that an injured infant may need. If you would like to know how to protect your family's future, contact the Flaxman Law Group for a free consultation to discuss your situation.What is Lack of Monitoring in The Birth Process?
Lack of monitoring can include:
- Failing to monitor fetal heartbeat
- Failing to notice slow movements of the fetus
- Dismissing or not following up on a mother’s concerns or reports of symptoms
- No scheduling regular check-ups
- Not checking in regularly with a woman who has been brought to a facility in labor
- Permitting a very prolonged labor without constant monitoring and evaluation
- Not monitoring the positions of the umbilical cord and not checking to verify that the umbilical cord is not around the baby’s neck
- Not monitoring any risk factors a mother has
- Not monitoring a mother’s blood pressure
- Failing to check that the baby is getting oxygen
It can be difficult to determine whether you have a birth injury claim in Miami or your community. You will want to ask yourself:
- Was the birth injury foreseeable?
- Were precautions taken by the medical professionals to reduce or eliminate the risk of the birth injury?
- Were my concerns or questions dismissed?
- Is there any evidence of recklessness, negligence, or intentionally harmful actions?
- Were there unacceptable delays that may have led to or contributed to the birth injury?
- Were there options available that were rejected or not pursued?
- Was there a failure to alert the parents to dangers or a failure to inform the parents of the situation or disclose alternative treatment?
- During your pregnancy, did you develop an infection but did not receive treatment or follow up care for it?
- Was your pregnancy designed as high risk, but not treated as such at any time during the process?
The Flaxman Law Group understands that birth injuries in Miami and Florida often leave families devastated. The Flaxman Law Group professional legal team have dedicated their lives to advocating on behalf of personal injury victims in Miami and across South Florida. The legal team has handled multiple birth injury and child injury cases in Miami and across Florida. They have extensive resources, including access to a network of investigators and medical expert witnesses, to help build strong cases that help get fair compensation on behalf of victims. To find out what this full-service law firm can do for you, contact the Flaxman Law Group today for a free consultation.