Failure to Monitor and Treat Newborns
Even when a child is successfully born, it is vital that newborns are carefully monitored. After a prolonged or difficult delivery and labor, especially, newborns may exhibit symptoms of a birth injury or trauma that needs to be treated promptly.
If your newborn or child is not correctly monitored and this results in severe or permanent injury, it is important to consult with not only medical specialists but also legal professionals who can advise you of your rights. In addition to taking care of the medical needs of your child, it is important to ensure that your financial needs are met so that you can provide the best possible medical care for your child. In order to find out about your legal options and your rights, you can always contact the Flaxman Law Group in order to schedule a free case evaluation.Why is Monitoring Newborns Important?
There many reasons why monitoring newborns is important:
- premature babies may be subject to infection and many other ailments
- some symptoms of brain injuries and other serious injuries may not be immediately apparent and may only become apparent after a few hours or days
- newborns can be subject to seizures, seizure disorders, and other serious ailments that are not obvious upon birth
- after a prolonged are difficult delivery, there may be complications that are not noticed right away
- newborns are more susceptible to infections and certain ailments, so careful monitoring is important to ensure that treatment is offered immediately if there are any problems
- jaundice is common in newborns and can cause severe brain damage if not detected and treated immediately
Monitoring can include many things. It can mean monitoring an infant’s heartbeat, running blood tests for jaundice and other problems, checking to make sure that the baby has enough oxygen, monitoring for any ailments that the child has a higher risk for, and other forms of monitoring. In addition, staff need to ensure that baby is breathing correctly, has good vital signs, and is feeding normally.Pursuing a Medical Malpractice Claim in Miami or Florida
If your child has suffered a permanent injury due to medical malpractice, you need to consider your child’s future. Your child may need permanent or in-home care long past your lifetime if the injuries are very severe. Pursuing a medical malpractice claim in Miami or your community now ensures that your child has the resources to live out their life as fully as possible without financial distress. However, it is important to contact an experienced personal injury attorney in Miami or your community quickly. There is a statute of limitations in Florida governing how much time you have to file a claim.
If you think you may have a birth injury claim in Miami or anywhere in South Florida, you can always contact the Flaxman Law Group legal team in order to arrange for a free consultation to discuss your situation with a legal professional. The Flaxman Law Group legal team has more than two and a half decades of experience in both injury and personal injury cases in Miami and across South Florida.Misdiagnosis: