Davie Passenger Safety
If you are a driver in a car accident in Davie or Florida, you can call your own insurance company and rely on your own chosen insurance coverage. If you were the passenger in a car during a collision, however, you may have suffered injuries and may be relying on the driver’s coverage for compensation.
Often, it can be very intimidating for a passenger who has been injured to deal with an unknown insurance company and to pursue a legal claim against someone that they now. The attorneys at Flaxman Law Group have been helping injured car accident survivors for more than 35 years and our attorneys have more than 60 years of combined experience. If you have been injured, you can always contact us for a free consultation to get assistance and advice with your legal or insurance claim.Passenger Injuries are Common in Motor Vehicle Collisions
There are many reasons why passengers can be especially vulnerable in a traffic collision:
- In T-bone or side impact accidents, there may be few layers of protection between the passenger and the point of impact
- The passenger is not the one driving and may not notice in time that the accident is imminent, meaning they do not have time to brace themselves for impact
- Since the passenger is not driving, they cannot take any evasive maneuvers to lessen the force of impact
- In many cases, passengers are children, who are more vulnerable to serious injuries
Passengers injured in a car accident where someone else was driving may face a number of insurance problems:
- It is not their insurance company they seek compensation from
- The driver may ask the passenger not file a claim because they do not want to pay more for insurance
- The passenger may know the driver and may hesitate before filing a lawsuit or claim
Despite these issues, it is important to remember that if you have been injured in a car crash, you do have rights – whether you were the driver or a passenger in the car. Contact a personal injury attorney to explore all avenues of compensation that may be available to you.The Aftermath of Passenger Injury in Davie and Florida
In many cases, it is best to consult with a personal injury attorney to explore your options. You may be able to pursue liable parties in court or you may be able to negotiate with insurance carriers. An attorney can advise you as to the best course of action and can even guide you through the process.
If you are still hesitant to file a claim or insurance claim after being injured in a car crash, contact the attorneys at Flaxman Law Group to discuss what happened. Our compassionate legal team can help you understand your options and can address your fears and concerns. If you decide to file a legal claim, our full-service law firm can handle the details, from initial discovery to helping you find a rental car to negotiating with insurance carriers or aggressively pursuing your case in court if that is what you decide to do. The first step is to contact us for a free case evaluation so that we can help you understand whether you have a claim.