Coral Gables Rear-End Shunt Accidents
Rear end shunt accidents in Coral Gables take place when a vehicle stops suddenly or fails to brake in time, striking the vehicle in front of them so hard that they sometimes push the vehicle forward. In many cases, these types of accidents are caused by distracted driving, drunk driving, or other forms of negligence. In some cases, they are caused by mechanical failure or brake failure. The reality is that motorists are expected to look ahead and to give themselves plenty of time to stop if they need to.
If a driver has failed to take the simple precaution and you have suffered a serious injury as a result, please feel free to contact Flaxman Law Group at any time for a free, no obligation case review. Our attorneys can look over your case and can help you understand whether you have options for compensation that can help you pay for hospital bills, lost income, and other expenses.Rear-End Shunt Car Accidents in Coral Gables Tend to Lead to Serious Injuries
Rear-end collisions tend to lead to serious injuries, including:
- Head injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Facial Injuries and disfigurement
- Internal Injuries
There are a few reasons why rear-end shunt accidents tend to be so deadly:
1) These collisions often intersection accidents. Intersection accidents in Coral Gables and other communities can be extremely deadly because there are so many vehicles within a relatively small space all going in different directions. In a rear end shunt accident, it is easy for your vehicle collides with other vehicles, causing an even greater impact.
2) Rear end shunt accidents are often sudden and you often have no time to take evasive maneuvers. The suddenness of rear end shunt accidents is also a problem, as there is often no way for you to respond in order to lessen the impact and no time for you to get away. The full force of the impact can cause severe and catastrophic injury for you and your passengers.
3) Rear end shunt crashes can become chain reaction accidents. The force of a vehicle striking your rear bumper can push you into oncoming traffic or into the car in front of you, causing multiple points of impact and a greater risk of injury.
4) These types of crashes often involve speed. In some cases, rear end collisions occur because a motorist has lost control of their vehicle and ends up colliding with the car in front of them at full speed. This can happen because of brake failure or other issues.If You Have Been Injured in a Traffic Collision, Contact a Personal Injury Attorney
If you have been injured due to someone else’s actions, contact a personal injury attorney in your area to get legal advice about what you should do to protect yourself. If you’d like fast, compassionate and personalized advice, contact Flaxman Law Group at 866-352-9626 or through the website to get a free, confidential case evaluation – all with no obligation. Flaxman Law Group is a full-service law firm with three offices serving the South Florida area.