Children on Property
Under Florida law, children have special protection when it comes to premises liability claims in Miami and other communities. If you are a property owner, you are expected to take extra precautions to ensure that children do not wander onto your property and harm themselves. Whether children and minors are entering your property as guests or whether they are trespassing, they are owed a duty of care.
If your child has been injured due to a property owner’s negligence, the grief can be overwhelming. The financial pressures of this type of situation can also be significant. You and your spouse may need to stay home in order to care for your child and there may be significant medical expenses as you seek the best care possible. While nothing can turn back the hands of time, seeking compensation that you may be entitled to under the law can help you seek out quality medical care and can help pay for lost income and other expenses related to the accident. The Flaxman Law Group legal team can be reached at any time to discuss your rights and your specific situation.Children and Premises Liability Claims in Miami and Other Florida Communities
Children can easily be attracted to a property for number of reasons, and once on the property they may not have the same understanding as adults and may therefore succumb more easily to dangerous situations and to injury. Each year, injuries to children and minors occur in Miami and across Florida because children wander onto a property that has not been adequately secured against children. These types of incidents lead to dog bite claims in Miami and other communities, pool injuries in Miami and other communities, and other serious types of injuries. If you are a property owner and you have any items – such as a pool, dogs, playground equipment, trampolines – that may attract a small child, you are expected to safeguard the property to keep it safe for children.
If your child has been injured by what you believe is a property owner's negligence, contact a personal injury attorney in Miami or your South Florida community for legal advice. The Flaxman Law Group legal team has worked with many families who are grieving because of just this type of situation. They have seen firsthand the devastation that these types of accidents can cause. You can always reach the Flaxman Law Group legal team to discuss your situation.How Children can be Involved in Premises Liability Claims in Miami and Other South Florida Communities
Children are naturally curious, and as a result they may get injured on a property for number of reasons:
- Teens and children may wander into an unsecured pool area
- Small children may fall down steps or stairs that have not been properly secured against children
- Children may climb into an unsecured abandoned car or used appliance, suffocating
- Children may be struck by a car if they wander around the property where cars are present
- Children may climb onto trampolines or playground equipment, injuring themselves
- Minors may wander off when they are guests at a home, getting into hazardous materials or injuring themselves
- Children may trespass on a property if they see a pond, pool, or something else that attracts their interest
- Minors can sustain dog bites in Miami or another South Florida community if they approach a strange dog on a property where the dog has not been correctly secured
- Children may trip and fall over obstacles on walkways and driveways when visiting or trespassing on a property
- Minors may sustain injuries at an amusement park if adequate signs are not present and precautions are not taken
- Children may experience playground injuries if the playground is not correctly secured and maintained
No matter how a serious injury occurs, having a child injured due to a property owner’s negligence is devastating.What to do if Your Child is Injured on a Property in Miami or Another South Florida Community
If your child has sustained a serious injury and you believe that a property owner is responsible for the injuries, contact the Flaxman Law Group for legal advice. The Flaxman Law Group legal team has successfully resolved thousands of South Florida personal injury cases and can help advise you of your rights and options. You may qualify for compensation that can help you pay for quality medical care for your child. To find out more, contact the Flaxman Law Group today to schedule a free, no obligation consultation.