Occupational Illnesses are Common Workplace Injuries in Florida
Occupational illnesses are health conditions that result from exposure to workplace hazards over an extended period. These illnesses can range from respiratory problems due to exposure to hazardous substances to repetitive strain injuries caused by performing repetitive tasks day after day.
Occupational illnesses are common workplace injuries in Florida, but it can be challenging to get your rightful workers’ compensation benefits if you’ve been diagnosed. For this reason, you may want to contact Flaxman Law Group soon after your diagnosis, for a free consultation with a Florida workers’ compensation lawyer.Common Occupational Illnesses in Hollywood, Florida
Hollywood and Florida as a whole have many thriving industries, and common illnesses in different sectors include:
- Respiratory Disorders. Employees working in many industries—including construction, manufacturing, and agriculture—may be exposed to airborne pollutants, leading to chronic bronchitis, asthma, and other occupational lung diseases.
- Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI). Anyone involved in repetitive manual tasks can develop RSIs like carpal tunnel syndrome due to continuous strain on certain body parts.
- Noise-Induced Hearing Loss. Workers in noisy environments, such as construction sites and factories, can suffer from permanent hearing loss over time.
- Occupational Skin Conditions. Exposure to harmful chemicals and irritants in certain industries can lead to skin disorders and allergies.
- Occupational Cancers. Prolonged exposure to carcinogens in some workplaces can increase the risk of developing occupational cancers, such as mesothelioma and bladder cancer.
If you have been diagnosed with an occupational illness, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits, including medical, disability, and wage loss benefits. These can help you pay for medical bills and other costs.
However, getting fair compensation for your workplace injury can be difficult in the case of an occupational illness. It may be challenging to prove your illness was caused by work conditions, for example. The exposure may have happened years ago, and you may no longer be working for that employer. The company you worked for may even be out of business.
When you work with experienced workers’ compensation attorneys in Florida, they can:
- Conduct a thorough investigation into the cause of your illness and gather essential evidence to build a strong case.
- Determine liability by identifying the responsible parties, including any third parties you may be able to pursue in a personal injury claim.
- Consult with medical experts and other professionals to establish a clear link between your illness and workplace conditions.
- Negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to secure a fair settlement.
- Advocate for your rights in court if necessary, seeking the maximum compensation you are entitled to under the law.
While workers’ comp lawyers in Florida can help, you need to act fast. There are statutes of limitation in Florida that limit how long you have to file a claim. In addition, waiting can cause evidence to get lost.
Flaxman Law Group has made it easy to get assistance fast. You can always contact our Hollywood, Miami, or Homestead offices by calling 866-352-9626 to speak to a live person 24/7. You can also always contact us online or email accident attorney Charles Flaxman at email@example.com to schedule a free, no obligation, and confidential case consultation. Our workers’ compensation attorneys can review the specifics of your case, answer your questions, and discuss your potential next steps.