Tires may move a vehicle forward, but they are also on the front lines of preventing car accidents. Tires help the car grip the road and help the driver control their vehicle. Whether on a motorcycle, tractor trailer, passenger car, or other vehicle, tires are a crucial part of roadway safety. Unfortunately, when things go wrong tire blowouts and other issues can cause serious motor vehicle crashes. Each year, these types of roadway accidents in Hollywood and across Florida devastate lives and cause catastrophic injury.
If you have sustained an injury because a driver was negligent in maintaining their tires or because a tire manufacturer was reckless in designing a safe tire, you may have a legal claim against any liable parties in your case. To find out more details and to get a compassionate and honest evaluation of your legal situation, contact Flaxman Law Group for a free case review. Our legal team can help you understand whether you have a claim and can address some of the questions you may have.Types of Tire Issues
There are many tire problems that can lead to devastating traffic accidents. Some of the most common serious tire issues include:
- Bald tires
- Tire blowouts
- Rubber deterioration
- Poor construction
- Tread separation
- Bald tires
- Poor tread design
- Under-inflation or over-inflation
- Incorrect type of tires for the season or climate
- Poor traction
- Incorrect alignment
- Using different types of tires on the vehicle at the same time
- Incorrect installation or maintenance
Many of these issues are preventable and may be caused by negligence. The owners of cars and trucks are expected to take proper care of their vehicles and when they do not, issues such as over-inflation or bald tires can occur. In these instances, anyone injured in a car accident caused by tire issues may have a claim against negligent parties in the case.What Causes Tire Failure?
You may have seen the strips of rubber along the sides of highways and roadways in Hollywood and other cities. What causes a tire to fail? Tire issues can be caused primarily by three problems:
- Poor road design or maintenance can cause good tires to fail. Potholes, debris on the road, and other issues can puncture tires or can wear down tires prematurely.
- The owner of the vehicle may fail to take proper care of their tires. Drivers and owners of cars and trucks are expected to install the correct tires, keep them properly inflated, and replace them as needed. When owners fail to take these simple precautions, they may be held liable if their recklessness leads to a collision and injuries.
- The tires may be defective or unsafe due to tire design problems or manufacturing errors. Tire manufacturers may design an unsafe tire or problems in the manufacturing process can create unsafe tires. If tires are retreaded or fixed by a mechanic, they may be fixed incorrectly and may fail to perform as expected.
Since there are multiple causes of tire failure, there may be multiple liable parties in motor vehicle accident cases involving tire issues. For example, if you have been in a trucking accident in Hollywood caused by a tire blowout, you may have a claim against the driver and the trucking company if they did not take care of the truck correctly. However, if the tire manufacturer created an unsafe product they may also be a liable party in the case.
If you have been injured in any traffic accident, you will want legal advice to determine whether there are liable parties in your case and to find out whether you have options for compensation. If you need legal advice, contact Flaxman Law Group at any time to arrange a free consultation with our legal team. You can reach us day or night if you have been injured in a traffic accident. Our phone lines at 866-352-9626 are staffed around the clock so that you can always reach a live operator and we have three offices in the South Florida area so that a member of our legal team is always close at hand.