Tamarac Head on Collision
More people are killed in head-on car crashes in Tamarac and other communities than any other type of traffic accident, due to the combined force of two cars hitting each other at speed. It's simple physics: when two cars hit each other directly at full speed, the resulting collision has enough force to cause surge serious injury, even with the crumple zone of the hood of the car.
Have you been injured in a serious head-on collision? If so, the attorneys at Flaxman Law Group would like to offer assistance in the form of a free, no obligation case review. One of the attorneys from our full-service law firm would be pleased to meet with you in order to review your situation and in order to help you understand what your options are. You can contact us at any time of the day or night by calling 866-352-9626.What Should You do if You Have Been in a Head-on Car or Truck Accident in Tamarac or South Florida?
If you have been involved in a serious head-on accident, it is a terrifying experience. You may panic and not know what to do. However, the things that you do immediately following your accident can have a big impact on your health, finances, and future. If you have been in a serious traffic accident, you will want to:
1) Stay calm. Panicking will only make the matter worse. Take a moment to collect yourself and take a few deep breaths. Then, evaluate the situation. Is anyone injured and in need of emergency medical care? If so, call 911 first. If not, get out of the car and speak to the other driver, sticking only to facts. Do not apologize for the accident, even if you think that you may have made an error that contributed to the collision. At this stage, it is difficult to know what exactly has caused the crash. Instead, ask whether they are okay and exchange contact information.
2) Document everything. At the accident scene, take photos of the cars involved, the accident scene, and anything else that may be relevant. Exchange contact information with potential witnesses. After the accident, be sure to keep track of any potential symptoms as well as any costs – such as rental car costs – related to your injuries and to your accident. You may be able to get compensation for some or all of these costs.
3) Get medical advice. If there is any chance that you may have hit your head, it is important to get immediate medical advice. Some serious brain injuries do not present symptoms right away but can still be life-threatening. Some chronic pain conditions as well as soft tissue injuries also do not always present symptoms right away, and getting timely medical advice can help improve your chances of recovery. Even if you are fortunate enough to have walked away from an accident with seemingly no injuries, visit your regular practitioner or walk in clinic for a full evaluation, just in case.
4) Report the accident. If the accident was serious, you will want to report the accident to police. This is also the case if you suspect that something illegal – such as DUI driving or distracted driving – cause the accident. In addition, you will want to report the accident your insurance company so that you can start the insurance claims process.
5) Contact a personal injury attorney in Tamarac or your community. A serious car accident is a legal matter, and you will want an experienced legal professional by your side to make sure your interests are protected. If you would like to speak with a personal injury attorney today, contact Flaxman Law group at 866-352-9626 for a free consultation.