South Miami Overweight / Overload Trucks
You've probably seen the weigh stations visible along highways and major roadways in Florida and across the country. These stations are designed to ensure that commercial trucks such as big rigs and tractor-trailers obey federal weight limits that are put in place to protect roads and road users across the country. Overweight trucks pose a serious hazard not only to the infrastructure and safety of roads, but also to other drivers. Each year, people are seriously injured or killed when truck drivers lose control of their vehicles or are involved in rollover accidents in South Miami and other communities because their cargo was loaded correctly or because the cargo exceeded safe weight limits.
If you are unsure what to do after a truck accident or are unsure whether you have a legal claim, contact the attorneys at Flaxman Law Group for a free case evaluation. Your initial consultation is your chance to speak to a member of our legal team to assess the merits of your claim and to get legal advice about how you can pursue legal recourse in your situation. We can help you understand the value of your case, the strength of your potential case, and the likely total cost of your injuries. We may even be able to help you find local resources that can help you and your family as you start healing.Costs To Consider After A Serious Truck Or Car Accident In South Miami Or Your Community
A truck accident can be very expensive and after this type of accident you may have to pay for:
- Emergency medical treatment
- Hospital stays
- Lost wages
- At-home care or assisted living facility care if you've been permanently injured
- Wheelchairs, braces, prosthetics, crutches, and other pharmaceutical or medical devices
- Ongoing medical treatment, including physiotherapy, occupational therapy, counseling, and other services
- So-called elective procedures, such as skin grafts for lacerations
- Property damage
- Car repairs
- Replacement costs for your vehicle if your car is too damaged to fix
- Car rental costs and transportation costs while your car is being repaired
- The cost of installing grab bars in your bathroom, wheelchair ramps in your home, or other features to make your home accessible while you recover
- Medical services and treatments
- Appointments with specialists
- Incidental expenses
Obviously, these expenses can end up costing tens of thousands of dollars or even hundreds of thousands of dollars. A serious, permanent injury in Florida such as a brain injury or a spinal cord injury can end up costing millions of dollars over the lifetime of the patient in medical costs, lost income, incidental expenses, and more. If you have been injured through no cause of your own, it is important to protect your rights and to speak with a personal injury attorney in order to review your options for securing compensation in your case.Would You Like More Information About The Legal Rights You May Have After A Serious Truck Accident?
Schedule a no obligation, confidential consultation with Flaxman Law Group today. Your free case evaluation is your chance to have your concerns and questions answered by a member of our legal team. Our full-service law firm has attorneys who have more than 60 years of combined experience and we can help you understand your legal options as well as the next steps you can take to protect yourself and your family.