South Miami Medical Neglect
Medical neglect in South Miami or Florida refers to a failure to provide adequate dental or medical care for someone under your care. In a nursing home or assisted living facility, this may mean that staff fails to provide medication, fails to contact a doctor when needed, or fails to take proper medical care of residents. In a private home, this may mean that a parent or guardian does not provide adequate dental or medical services to their child or to a vulnerable adult in their care.
It can often be difficult to tell whether you have a medical neglect or medical malpractice case. If a loved one has had a negative outcome and you believe that neglect or medical negligence in South Miami or your community played a role, it is always advisable to speak with a personal injury attorney to get answers. You can always reach Flaxman Law Group at 866-352-9626 to arrange for a confidential, no obligation case review at no charge. Your case review is your chance to speak with a personal injury attorney and to get legal advice about your situation.What Is Medical Neglect?
There are many situations which can be defined as medical neglect. For example:
- Staff at a nursing home or assisted living facility denying or refusing someone access to medical care in an emergency
- An assisted living facility or nursing home refusing to pay for medical expenses or services without good reason if they have agreed to cover those costs
- Not following doctor recommendations for a treatable condition
- Not administering needed medicine to a resident or patient as requested by a doctor
- Not taking a resident to basic checkups or dental care appointments
- Not taking a resident or patient for follow-up care or appointments are required by a medical professional
- Not listening to a patient’s account of their symptoms and refusing to seek medical care for those symptoms
- Failing to respond appropriately to medical conditions or symptoms
- Failure to monitor and respond appropriately to a medical situation
Medical neglect cases often stem from situations in nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and care homes where this form of neglect affects those who are most vulnerable. However, medical neglect can occur just about anywhere. It can affect children in schools, homes, or other care environments. Medical neglect can also happen in hospitals or other healthcare environments.Do You Need to Speak to a Personal Injury Attorney About a Possible Case of Medical Malpractice or Medical Neglect?
If you or someone you love has suffered a worsening condition or deteriorating health due to these types of actions, the patient may be able to prove that medical neglect or medical negligence has caused their injuries. In these cases, it may prove possible to pursue a legal claim to seek compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, and other costs.
The attorneys of Flaxman Law Group believe that patients who have suffered abuse or neglect in nursing homes, care homes, assisted living facilities, and other environments deserves not only compassion but also justice and compensation. If you or a loved one have been injured by medical neglect, contact the compassionate and professional attorneys at Flaxman Law Group to arrange for a free, no obligation consultation to review your legal options.