South Miami Brain Injury
Brain injury patients in South Miami face a long and difficult road to recovery. Whether you have sustained your head trauma in a traffic accident, boating collision, or slip and fall accident, you may require months or years of medication and medical care. If your injuries are permanent, you may need a lifetime of extra care and services.
The attorneys at Flaxman Law Group have already recovered more than $100 million for thousands of personal injury plaintiffs across South Florida. Contact us today if you have any questions about seeking compensation in your case.What Sorts Of Claims Can You Seek In A Brain Injury Case
Depending on the specifics of your case, there are different types of claims that can arise from your brain injury case:
- Wrongful death. If you have lost a loved one due to a serious brain injury caused by medical malpractice, traffic accidents, or other incident you may be able to seek a wrongful death claim in order to seek compensation for final medical expenses, emergency care costs, memorial expenses, and more. You can file a wrongful death claim if the fatality was caused due to negligence and if you are an immediate family member directly impacted by the fatality.
- Product liability. In some cases, defective devices or dangerous drugs cause brain injuries. In these cases, it is possible to bring about a lawsuit against the manufacturer of the defective product or item that has caused the injury if it can be shown that the manufacturer did not take proper precautions in providing a safe product.
- Car or truck accident. Car and truck accidents in South Miami and across the country are one of the most common causes of brain injuries. In these cases, it may be possible to pursue a legal claim against the insurance carrier of the at-fault driver but it is also possible to pursue a claim against other liable parties, including the municipality where the roads were located or the manufacturer of the vehicle.
- Medical malpractice and pharmacy negligence. In some cases, brain injuries occur as a result of birth injuries or as a result of medical complications or negligence at the pharmacy. If you have sustained a serious injury in a medical setting, you may have a claim.
- Premises liability. In some cases, brain injuries occur as the result of a slip and fall accident or as a result of items falling from shelves or even pieces of ceiling tiles falling on customers in a store or restaurant. In these cases, it is possible to launch a premises liability claim if the property owner did not take proper precautions in providing a safe place for customers and patrons.
- Inadequate security. Some brain injuries occur in the workplace because employers did not take the adequate steps to provide a safe workplace or due to violence. In other cases, brain trauma occurs because property owners do not take the precaution to install security cameras or take other precautions to protect against assailants. If you have sustained a brain injury as a result of a workplace injury or due to violence anywhere, contact a personal injury attorney to find out whether you have an inadequate security claim.
If you would like to review your options in a free consultation, do not hesitate to contact Flaxman Law Group today.