Ski Accidents in Colorado
Colorado is proud to offer some of the best skiing in the country, with mountains accessible to everyone, ski tours and lessons, luxury resorts, and many other ways to enjoy the popular activity. Millions of people come to the state each year to enjoy skiing in Aspen, Vail, Winter Park, and the many other ski destinations. Even Olympic athletes come here to train, because of the great conditions.
While skiing is exhilarating, it can also be dangerous, and accidents can result in serious injuries. The Colorado ski accident claims attorneys at Flaxman Law Group work with ski accident survivors whose lives have been forever changed by their injuries. Our role is to seek fair compensation for these survivors, so they can start rebuilding their lives.
If you've been injured in a ski accident in Colorado, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical costs, lost time at work, pain and suffering, and more. If you've been injured, reach out to Flaxman Law Group to find out more.Common Causes of Ski Accidents
Ski accidents and injuries in Colorado can happen because of:
- Collisions with other skiers or snowboarders
- Collisions with trees or other fixed objects
- Ski lift accidents
- Equipment failure or malfunction
While we call them “ski accidents,” in many cases injuries resulting from skiing are preventable. There may be liable parties in your case who failed to act to prevent your injuries. If that's the case, you may have a legal claim and may be able to seek compensation for your losses. To do that, you must first establish who is liable for your injuries.
A good place to look first is the ski resort you were skiing in when you suffered your injury. In Colorado, ski resorts are legally responsible for providing a safe skiing environment for their guests. Ski resorts must maintain their facilities, provide adequate signage, and warn guests of any potential hazards. If a ski resort fails to meet these obligations, they may be liable for injuries that occur on their property.
Additionally, skiers and snowboarders must also exercise reasonable care while on the slopes. They must take care to avoid collisions. If a skier is reckless and causes an accident, they may be held liable for any resulting injuries.
Another place to look for liable parties is ski equipment. If ski equipment is designed or manufactured in a faulty manner, the manufacturer can be held liable if these flaws cause an injury.
Often, it's difficult to tell what exactly caused your injuries. For this reason, it can be useful to contact an experienced Colorado ski accident claims attorney who can investigate the cause of your accident, can find all liable parties, and can help you pursue a claim, if that's what you decide to do.Steps to Take After a Colorado Ski Injury
The moments after a ski injury are crucial, both to make sure you recover from your injuries and to protect your rights. Here's what you should do:
- Seek medical attention. Even if your injuries appear to be minor or you don't appear to be injured, get an evaluation from a doctor. There are people who have walked away from a ski accident feeling fine, only to eventually die due to their injuries. Serious injuries such as traumatic brain injury may not be obvious and seeking medical attention fast can save your life.
- Report the accident. Report the accident to ski patrol or resort management as soon as possible. Get a copy of the accident report.
- Document everything. If possible, take pictures of the accident scene, any injuries, and any equipment involved in the accident. Write down everything you can remember. Collect the contact information for any witnesses to the accident, if you can.
- Contact a Colorado ski accident claims attorney. If you've been injured in a ski accident, liable parties such as ski resorts will have their own attorneys, who will work to limit liability for their clients. Contacting an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible after an injury is important because your attorney can start gathering evidence and protecting your rights.
Ski accident injury claims can be complex, and an experienced Colorado ski injury attorney can investigate the accident, gather evidence, and work with experts to determine liability. They can negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf and seek fair compensation for your injuries. An experienced attorney also ensures that your claim is filed correctly and within the appropriate timeframe.
If you have been injured in a ski accident in Colorado, don't wait to contact a lawyer. You can contact the legal team at Flaxman Law Group at 970-999-0530 today. We can set up a free, no obligation consultation so you can start protecting your rights.