Pompano Beach School Bus Accident
Having an injured child is devastating. In addition to the fear about how a serious injury will affect a child’s life and future, it can be overwhelming for parents to see their child in pain and to be able to do nothing to help. Unfortunately, this is a reality for many families who have had a child injured in a traffic or school bus accident in Pompano Beach or another Florida community.
The attorneys at Flaxman Law Group have worked with many families who have been affected by school bus accidents. Our full-service law firm has worked around the clock to represent these families and to give them the support and legal guidance they need to start rebuilding. If you’d like to know whether you have a claim or other options, we invite you to contact us at Flaxman Law Group today for a free case review.Why Do School Bus Collisions Happen?
There may be many reasons why a school bus crash occurs:
- Poor school bus maintenance
- Defective bus parts
- Mechanical failure
- Driver error
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
There may be liable parties in your child's school bus collision if:
- The bus was not driven with adequate care
- Safety measures, such as flashing red lights, were not used when children were leaving or entering the school bus
- The driver did not check to see whether traffic has stopped before allowing children to leave the school bus
- The driver did not adequately monitor the children's presence on the bus or their safe crossing of a street when they left the vehicle
- The driver drove recklessly or disobeyed traffic signals and rules
- Mechanical failure or poor bus maintenance caused the accident
There may be multiple reasons and multiple indications that someone is liable in your child’s school bus accident. In many cases, it will take an investigation and thorough analysis to find out whether negligence played a role in your child's injuries. If your child has been injured, it is important to consult with a personal injury attorney in Pompano Beach or your community to find out what your legal options are.What Are Your Legal Options After A School Bus Crash?
If your child has been injured in a school bus accident, you have several options:
- You can seek compensation through a settlement or through insurance money provided by the school board or school and their insurance companies
- You can file a legal claim against the school board, bus driver, and other liable parties
- You can seek insurance from the at-fault driver who struck your child or the school bus
- You can negotiate with insurance carriers or the school board for a fair settlement
Exploring all your options begins with contacting a personal injury lawyer. A personal injury attorney can help you understand what options you have and can handle the details. If you would like to speak to an attorney today, contact Flaxman Law Group to review your legal options. Your initial consultation with us is free and comes with no obligation and no pressure.