North Miami Beach Public Transportation Accident
Public transportation accidents are far rarer than car or truck accidents in North Miami Beach and Florida, but they can be just as deadly if not more deadly. Because of the size and force involved with public transportation vehicles, this type of accident can be far more deadly. A train accident, for example, is likely to result in serious injuries and fatalities.
If you have been injured in a public transportation collision or have been injured in any way while using mass transit, Flaxman Law Group would like to invite you to contact our full service law firm for a free case assessment. Our attorneys handle a range of traffic accident and personal injury cases, including bus crashes, inadequate security cases, and more. Your initial case assessment and consultation with us is free of charge and comes with no obligation.Why Do so Many Mass Transit Collisions Lead to Serious Injuries?
There are many things that make public transportation crashes in North Miami Beach and Florida especially likely to lead to injury:
- No seatbelts. In a car accident, a seat belt and side impact as well as front impact airbags will keep you in place, keep you from crashing about the inside of the vehicle, and will also protect you from the dashboard or sides of the car. In public transit vehicles, however, there are no air bags and no seat belts. In the event of a collision, this can cause more serious injuries, including fractures, head injuries, and other injuries.
- Cargo in the cabin. Passengers often use public transit to transport suitcases, briefcases, shopping purchases, and more. In the event of a crash, these become dangerous projectiles and can severely injure passengers in a collision.
- Other passengers. Public transit vehicles can contain dozens or even hundreds of passengers. In the event of a collision, these passengers can be thrown about, jostling each other and increasing the risk of serious injury. In addition, public transit crash often leads to panic, which can cause even further injury as all passengers scramble for emergency exits.
- Considerable properties. Mass transit authorities are usually responsible for considerable amounts of property, including bus stations and train platforms. It is important for public transportation groups to offer adequate security and safety measures on these properties to protect passengers from assault and other crimes.
- The size and force of the vehicles. Trains travel much more rapidly than typical passenger cars, which means that in the event of an accident these types of crashes can be catastrophic. Buses travel more slowly, but the size of the vehicles can mean severe impact as well as catastrophic injuries.
If you have been injured while using mass transit, it is very important to find out whether negligence played a role in your injuries. If recklessness or negligence played a role, you may qualify for a legal claim that lets you seek compensation and justice.
To get answers and to find out whether you have a claim, contact a personal injury attorney. If you are looking for a traffic accident attorney in South Florida, you can always reach Flaxman Law Group for a free case assessment by calling 1-866-FLAXMAN (1-866-352-9626).