North Miami Beach, Florida
North Miami Beach, situated in Miami-Dade County, is a South Florida community with a diverse population, many green spaces, and even an authentic 12th century monastery. North Miami Beach, or NMD, as it is popularly known, has many tourist attractions as well as attractive residential areas.
North Miami Beach also has many medical facilities as well as medical professionals in all areas of specialties. Residents and visitors to the area expect these professionals to deliver a high standard of care. Unfortunately, in some cases medical professionals and facilities fail to deliver a reasonable standard of care, resulting in serious injuries, misdiagnoses, medical mistakes, and other issues. Medical malpractice cases can stem from a number of situations:
1) Misdiagnoses Today's sophisticated medical equipment is meant to make it easier for medical professionals to correctly diagnose patients, so that correct treatment can begin. When professionals are undertrained or negligent, they can misdiagnose a patient, in some cases not allowing them to receive life-saving treatment in time.
2) Incorrect treatment. Most conditions have multiple treatments, but when medical professionals give the wrong treatment or administer the treatment incorrectly, life-threatening complications and injury can occur.
3) Medication errors. Medications can save lives, but the incorrect medication or the incorrect dosage can prove fatal. Medical professionals are expected to check medications, dosages, and patient allergies before administering medication, but this does not always occur - sometimes resulting in tragedy.
4) Complications due to negligence during birth. Complications which occur during the birth process can turn a joyful event into a tragedy. Medical personnel are expected to carefully monitor both the mother and infant and administer treatment as needed. When this does not take place due to negligence, the infant or mother can face life-threatening complications.
5) Unreasonable wait times. Patients are expected to be given correct medical treatment. When patients in distress are made to wait for unreasonable lengths of time without correct treatment, injury and fatalities can occur.
If you believe that you may have a North Miami Beach personal injury or medical malpractice case, contact the Flaxman Law Group today. The Flaxman Law Group can offer a free case evaluation to determine whether you have a case and to help you determine your rights and options. Your case may be worth more than you think, and pursuing a medical malpractice case may be important not only for your peace of mind but also for your financial future. Pursuing a legal case can help you secure compensation for medical expenses, lost income, and other costs associated with a complication or injury that has resulted due to negligence. Pursuing a legal case can also help you hold medical professionals and medical facilities responsible for their actions, which often results in an important safety changes that help other patients enjoy safer medical care. In many cases, patients find that pursuing legal action through a North Miami Beach personal injury attorney also helps them to move on and to get some sense of closure in their case. If you are ready to get information about your rights and options, contact the Flaxman Law Group today to arrange for your free, no obligation consultation.