Miami Springs Hit and Run Accident
Unfortunately, police have limited resources and all too often are unable to find the perpetrator in a hit and run case. This does not mean that you do not have options. If you have been injured by a hit-and-run driver, there are still many options you have. You can contact a personal injury attorney in Miami Springs or your community, for example. The Flaxman Law Group serves the entire South Florida area and would be happy to review your options in a free consultation.Why do so Many Hit and Run Accidents Take Place in Miami Springs and Across Florida?
There are many reasons for these types of car and pedestrian accidents:
- There may not be sidewalks in all areas to keep pedestrian safe
- In some areas of Florida, especially in rural areas, there may not be adequate lights, sidewalks, or even shoulders of the road for pedestrians, meaning that cars can easily hit a pedestrian and drive off
- There are a significant number of drivers in Florida with no license and no insurance, and these drivers may be unwilling to stop in a car accident
- Some drivers have a warrant out for their arrest or are driving a stolen car or transporting stolen goods and may not want to be caught
- Some drivers panic if they cause a pedestrian accident or car accident
- Some drivers already have many collisions on their record and do not want to be held liable for another one
- Some drivers are driving under the influence injured not want a DUI charge
One of the big differences between hit and run accidents and most typical car accidents is that there is less information available in hit and run crashes. These types of car accidents can also be more severe and more likely to lead to fatalities because injured parties may not get medical help in time because the at-fault driver has not stopped to offer aid.
It can also be harder for victims in hit and run accidents to get fair compensation for their injuries because there isn't adequate information about the other driver and their insurance policy. Even drivers who have uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage may need to work with a personal injury attorney in Miami Springs or their community in order to get fair compensation for all of their medical costs, lost wages, and other expenses.
There is no good reason for leaving the scene of an accident. If the driver has left the scene of an accident and has refused to render aid or provide contact information, the attorneys at the Flaxman Law Group can pursue justice so that he or she is held liable to the fullest extent of the law.
If your loved one has been injured in a car accident caused by a hit-and-run driver, it is important to consult with a car accident attorney in order to help you navigate the legal process, insurance process, and the investigation. Depending on your situation, a personal injury attorney can help you find the at fault driver and can help you seek out compensation options so that you are not faced with medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses by yourself. To find out what options are available in your case, contact the Flaxman Law Group today.