Hollywood Elder Abuse
The elderly should be respected and cherished for their wisdom and their life experience. Unfortunately, elder abuse in Hollywood is far too common. Elder abuse can involve medical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual assault, physical abuse, and financial abuse. Abuse can be perpetrated by staff at elder care facilities, nursing homes, or by family members and caregivers in the home.
If you suspect that an elderly loved one is being abused, contact Flaxman Law Group today to arrange for a free consultation to review your situation. Depending on the specifics of your case, you may have a legal claim that allows you to seek compensation on behalf of your loved one so that you can place them in a safe environment and get them away from their abusers. Flaxman Law Group has handled many abuse cases and negligence cases, and has the resources to help.What Types Of Elder Abuse Occur In Hollywood?
Elder abuse can take place in any elder care facility and is also quite common in caregiver roles where the caregiver is a family member. Elder abuse can involve:
- Financial abuse. In this type of abuse, an elderly loved one may be forced to surrender money, may be pushed to change their will to make the abuser the beneficiary, or may have their money stolen by an abuser. Financial abuse often leaves the victim feeling ashamed and unable to meet every day financial obligations.
- Emotional abuse. In this type of abuse, an abuser may shout at a victim, may tell them that they are worthless, or may emotionally manipulate them so that the victim feels helpless, alone, and upset. Emotional abuse can take place alone or in conjunction with other types of abuse.
- Medical abuse. In this type of abuse, an abuser may intentionally withhold medication that a victim needs or may over-medicate a victim in order to make them quiet and require less work from the caregiver.
- Physical abuse. Physical abuse can involve hitting, punching, pinching, assault, and other forms of battery. For the elderly, this type of abuse can be especially devastating because elderly loved ones may take longer to recover from injuries. Broken bones sustained in slip and fall accidents in Hollywood, for example, may take longer to heal. Head injuries in Hollywood can also become more complicated if the victim is elderly and has pre-existing medical conditions.
- Sexual abuse. Sexual abuse can involve sexual assault or rape. It can leave the victim exposed to sexually-transmitted infection as well as related injury.
If you suspect elder abuse, contact Flaxman Law Group to speak with a personal injury attorney in Hollywood or your community about the situation. Personal injury attorneys can investigate the situation, can help you find a safer environment for your loved one, and can launch a legal claim against the abuser. Depending on the situation, there may be multiple liable parties all, including:
- The abuser themselves
- The facility or staff where the abuse took place
- Other liable parties who were negligent in reporting the abuse
Seeking a claim can help ensure that you have the financial resources and legal know-how to help your elderly loved one. Your initial consultation with Flaxman Law Group costs nothing and comes with no obligation, so you risk nothing by getting the facts.